• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Precision EFI Tune

TPAY243

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX SE
Anyone running the Precision EFI Stage 1R tune. How does it compare to the others thinking about going this route.

I have a couple I was going to install but winter came to end and until next year now.
I know from running all tunes that in comparison the drivability of pefi is near stock and the power is hard to beat.
Great tunes and great products
High quality

Thanks for input, there is a lot of guys running TD and Hurrican tunes with great success but not a lot of talk about the Precision stuff. I test drove a 2020 xtx last week with a Precision stage 2 250hp tune with trail muffler and It was pretty impressive.

Based on a previous poll, PEFI has about 10-15% of the market. TD & Hurricane have about 85-90% of market. Last time I talked to owner Sebastien Guay, he didn't really care as most of his business is high-performance race cars that cost $200-300K! Snowmobiles are a small part of his business.

Great video but I'm not really sure what they were saying.

Based on a previous poll, PEFI has about 10-15% of the market. TD & Hurricane have about 85-90% of market. Last time I talked to owner Sebastien Guay, he didn't really care as most of his business is high-performance race cars that cost $200-300K! Snowmobiles are a small part of his business.
Have to disagree with you, Precision Efi is taking over. They just don’t come on here and talk about how great they are. Would not hesitate to run their tunes

Have to disagree with you, Precision Efi is taking over. They just don’t come on here and talk about how great they are. Would not hesitate to run their tunes

I agree i run precision and it works great!

They seem to be a great option. I will look into them on my next sled. TD seems damn good for how many guys run them. Many options. We are very fortunate as the options seem to be very good and reliable. And pretty economical based on what you get for power.

I have Precision in my 2020 SRX with multi map but the flash needs to be redone as they were not aware of the extra programmable driver modes for the suspension and it wiped it out. So far the Stage 3 is my fav :D run same MPG as a stocker.

I’m only 15 minutes from a well known Pefi dealer so I was also looking into the 1R tune.

For one I ride a lot in Quebec and don’t need the hassle of an after market exhaust even though it may be quiet.

And I think the 250hp is perfect for me.

Mr Sled who did your flash? I think Pats motor sports is now a Precision dealer and so is Ullmer. Pretty sure this is the direction I'm headed

Back