• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Premium fuel?

carcus1

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
ventures
Just noticed a sticker on my venture lite today that said to use 91 octane, ive been using regular, what is everyone using here?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

They are fine on regular. I use premium because there is ethanol in the regular in this area.

Same here. If it were to knock, it will retard the timing with loss of some power. That's what the KCS light is for.

Ethanol is just bad. BTW, all Petro-Can grades has ethanol, even premium.

I use premium fuel as suggested, the 500 engine is producing a lot of power given the displacement, the knock sensor is a fail safe in case of bad fuel or if premium fuel is not readily available. basically the same as the newer apex engines that require the use of premium fuels. It's your preference, your sled! cheers!

regular is fine, you may or may not be giving up a few HP. There are 2 stages to the DCS and the first stage doesn't light up the light, just retards the timing a small amount for a lit bit. The second stage pulls a lot of timing and lights the light up. 6000+ miles with 75% of that 87 E10 and I've never had the DCS light come on.

Back