• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Price Comparisons between US vs. CA

Sled Dog said:
pat the rat said:
our government is the cause for higher prices,they tax the product alot more than the us,for our health plan like someone said

Come on now do you really believe that? :jump:

Yes I do, free health care isn't cheap.

just listening to the news, talking about gas, dept, economy... analists have broken down the price of healthcare, it is averaging about $5000/min to cover the costs... this includes salaries, equipment, everything.... this equates to $7200000/per day... outch..

sherlock29 said:
DUTY FREE??? not were i live.... Full 13% tax to be paid, plus other fees...

X2, not where I live either!.

To all you guys from Canada, don't fret. We Yanks down here south of the border wil be paying the same amounts you guys get robbed for soon enough.....

:-(

I don't think the manufactures could pull off starting to charge an extra 2+ grand on a sled in the US. Much easier to keep robbing the same people you know you can rob then take a chance and rob some new people.

This conversation is not only happening here its on Doo talk and Actic Chat as well. I really hope the prices come down, it is evident that Canadians are tired of it. The first brand to drop the price to a more reasonable level will have a lot of business coming their way...

sherlock29 said:
DUTY FREE??? not were i live.... Full 13% tax to be paid, plus other fees...

Not knowing if a sled is duty free or not as I have not bought one cross border. However I have bought other goods across the border from time to time.

I paid Canadian taxs on all of them. Duty however is only on certain items. Most are duty free!

Duty taxes are based on % of purchase price I assume. How do they know how much you paid for a sled from a private party. I am sure many "yanks" are willing to fudge a bill of sale to make a sale. Anyway, I paid 10,380 for a 2012 nytro xtx with a 5 yr warranty. I'll take bids now for when I sell it in 2 years. LOL. Better you guys than me.

Thats out the door guys. Take no offense to my post. I feel your pain. I have 4 kids and a wife and my free market health insurance costs 19K a year. Property taxes of $5100/yr, $900 in car license tabs. Licenses on 5 snowmobiles, 2 atvs, 2 boats, camper, etc... The only things newer are the xtx and the cars so don't think I am loaded. I bet if you add it all up with my health insurance and payroll tax, social security, medicare, etc. we could probably have universal health care. especially if you take the 50-100 million a year execs out of the equation.

Sleds are duty free. The 13% tax is the combined GST and PST. They used to only collect the GST crossing the border when the taxes weren't harmonised. Then you would pay the provincial tax at the MTO when you got plates for it. Now full 13% tax at customs, which you would have to pay in Ontario anyhow on a sled. The only extra fees are the RIV fee and your expense for picking up the sled. Great savings can be found if you don't have to travel far.

Now called the HST or Harmonized Sales Tax! Which applys to everything in Ontario! It should be called the Bi Sales Tax so we could call it the BST.

Back