• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary and Secondary Clutch rebuild parts list

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
As I have now almost 8,500 miles on my 08' Nytro, I think I want to rebuild or freshen the clutches this summer. I have read thru most of the clutch posts on here and cant seem to find a list of parts that should be replaced when going thru higher mileage clutches? I want to use Yamaha parts as I am not a fan of SPI stuff. Thx G.B.

CLUTC TUNE-UP KIT
8FA-W176H-10-00

for the primary from yamaha.

for the major rebuild kit,

CLUTCH REPAIR KIT
8ES-W176G-12-00 (replaces 8ES-W176G-11-00). i do reccomend new springs as that is usually a good part of any performance losses.

as to the secondary, probably only needs 3 new ramp shoes and maybe a new spring. ramp shoes are

SHOE, RAMP
8AV-17688-10-00.

CLUTC TUNE-UP KIT
8FA-W176H-10-00

CLUTCH REPAIR KIT
8ES-W176G-12-00 (replaces 8ES-W176G-11-00). i do reccomend new springs as that is usually a good part of any performance losses.

as to the secondary, probably only needs 3 new ramp shoes and maybe a new spring. ramp shoes are

SHOE, RAMP
8AV-17688-10-00.
Thanks Maim. I remember seeing these kits in the micro fiche but couldn't find them today on Port Yamaha's site. G.B.

CLUTC TUNE-UP KIT
8FA-W176H-10-00

CLUTCH REPAIR KIT

SHOE, RAMP
8AV-17688-10-00.
Does the #8ES-W176G-12-00 CLUTCH REPAIR KIT normally come assembled or disassembled (spider & movable sheave not assembled yet)?

it is all the bushings/rollers to rebuild your clutch. you have to disassemble your clutch and remove the spider to put all the bushings in.

it is all the bushings/rollers to rebuild your clutch. you have to disassemble your clutch and remove the spider to put all the bushings in.
No, the 8ES-W176G-12-00 CLUTCH REPAIR KIT is pretty much an unloaded clutch without weights, spring, or rollers. You are thinking of the
CLUTCH TUNE-UP KIT #8FA-W176H-10-00. I have purchased one of the CLUTCH REPAIR KITS in the past a while back and it was assembled when I got it but I am seeing some posts here and there that other people have received a box of all the parts and had to fully assemble the clutch themselves.

Are the kits from spi that bad? I'm usually an oem guy. But here in Canada the yamaha maintenance kit is 400$ from the dealership. I can get an SPI kit for 90.

Are the kits from spi that bad? I'm usually an oem guy. But here in Canada the yamaha maintenance kit is 400$ from the dealership. I can get an SPI kit for 90.

idk for sure. have had to lock tight bushings into clutches as the replacements do not always hold. make sure everything slides freely before putting the springs in and into service.

CLUTC TUNE-UP KIT
8FA-W176H-10-00

CLUTCH REPAIR KIT

SHOE, RAMP
8AV-17688-10-00.
About de sheave.

I decided to send both clutches to Chris Schmidt and had him rebuild them this past August after they had 10.500 miles on them. So I am good to go for this season and many more. GB

Back