• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

primary clutch froze after traveling north

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 YAMAHA ATTAK
damn clutch popped free and i popped wheelie off the ramp onto the ground safely though. was crazy

i cam from moist 35 deg weather to 15 deg weather so. anybody have this happen? if so what do i need to do to stop it. i dont wanna pull panels and dickk around . just ride off my trailer

what do you mean popped free? might need some pics with the pannel off to see the issue. might have just been frost on the area the bushings ride that caused it to stick.

what Maim said ^^^^

did you clean your clutches with something before you left that could have froze it? i've never heard of that happening unless you have deeper problems with the clutch

Sounds to me like the clutch needs a little maitance. When is the last time you cleaned or serviced it, they don't last forever ya know. If you haul this machine on an open trailor that is the worse thing you can do even with a cover the road salt and whatever that other sh$% is they spray on the road will destroy your machine.

it sat on my trailer outside overnight w drizzle . usually kept indoors. after traveling to cold weather on open trailer(was covered and had salt guard) and sitting for a day it froze. maybe ill spray some wd 40 next time . only got 1600 mi on this one and its my spare. no rebuilds this year.

yes WD-40 is the answer to a lot of stuck components, but NOT a clutch...

brake cleaner would be better as it evaporates.

Back