• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Rollers

SPM

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder L-TX LE
I am testing some bronze bushings in the primary rollers right now I will see how they last
Stain, any news on your bronze bushing testing? Or did I miss it. I've been thinking of trying this also.

So far so good. I have close to 900 miles on them with no noticeable wear.
Did you use oilite bronze material?how much press fit in the wheel?Clearance on pin?
Thanks for the info!!

Where the roller rides on.
The pin, i have not pulled it out yet to check. There is no excessive movement in the roller while on the clutch. I will pull one off tonight and check.
I am this close to buying a TAPP

The pin, i have not pulled it out yet to check. There is no excessive movement in the roller while on the clutch. I will pull one off tonight and check.
I am this close to buying a TAPP
Not the pin. The aluminum slot the roller rides in.

Here are pictures of the bronze roller bushings after @900 miles. Still tight. They seem to be oilite as there is some substance on the bushing but it does not seem to hinder performance. These bushings are not run of the mill bronze bushings. They are actually bigger on the thrust side as not to be pushed out by the rotational force. The shims are also cut to fit the bigger size of the rotational end. The bushings and the shims are matched.
While I was at it I magna-fluxed my clutch to check for cracks. Happy to say am crack free!!!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:

Back