• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary spring question

scottt

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 apex gt 2017 sidewinder LTX LE 137"
I have a 2017 sidewinder 137 that has a turbo dynamics 250 flash,, dalton black/ orange secondary spring and dalton weights on the primary. I broke the Yamaha gold/ red/ gold primary spring and it seems to be rubbing on the stock clutch hub. I’ve read about using thunder products glide washers . So I think I’m going to try those but I want to try a different primary spring. Reading forums the opinions seem to be spread out. Didn’t know what people would recommend. I think I’m fine with a stock type rpm engagement… I make more high speed passes than I do drag race style launches. Thanks

I have a 2017 sidewinder 137 that has a turbo dynamics 250 flash,, dalton black/ orange secondary spring and dalton weights on the primary. I broke the Yamaha gold/ red/ gold primary spring and it seems to be rubbing on the stock clutch hub. I’ve read about using thunder products glide washers . So I think I’m going to try those but I want to try a different primary spring. Reading forums the opinions seem to be spread out. Didn’t know what people would recommend. I think I’m fine with a stock type rpm engagement… I make more high speed passes than I do drag race style launches. Thanks
Reading more it sounds like the dalton red/ black or the TP orange,,,, sound about right?

If you are getting thunder glide washers talk to terry or tim they will point you in the right direction, realy great guys to work with.

I use the glide washers and a ppp Yamaha spring in primary with Dalton weights, lowers your engagement and smooths moving the sled around, works very well from 240-300hp for me.

Back