• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary squeal

allyammies

VIP Member
On disengagement of my primary there is a squeal just before it is fully open. Cannot figure it out any ideas?

you are running it without the belt on and are hearing this squeal? is that what you are saying?

Yes on disengagement. It does it with the belt on also I took the belt off to see if it still did it.

Do you have a lot of belt dust? If you do you need to clean it out of the primary. I've seen several vipers with so much dust built up in the clutch it doesn't work correctly.

It had a lot already cleaned it,maybe I didn't get it clean enough.

Don't tell your wife. But the dishwasher works really good for clutches. Pull the cover off and your good. The dust gets caked in the towers and in the bushings and is a bitch to get out. Hot soapy water and a pressure washer also works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does the same thing. I clean my clutches 2-3 times a season. Also put my primary into the dishwasher. No change. I blow out the primary with 150 psi to get the belt dust out. I took my primary off and pulled the spring out, movable sheave falls right down without hesitation. Not going to worry about it.

It's not a belt squeal. I had my belt off to see if it was a belt squeal but nope. I engage the clutch and when just before it fully disengages it has a little squeak. Like I said earlier it doesn't seem to anything wrong. Will ride it this year and see how the Sidewinder works out. I REALLY LIKE THE NEW CLUTCHES.

Back