• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro-Line clutch kit

Woodys Beast

Thinking of getting one. What engagement RPM and also would this kit be hard to hook up on normal snow conditions such as a somewhat hard packed trail or will it only hook up on perfect hard packed conditions. Also this would go on a attack.

It only works on the bottom end, no top end gain on my Apex. If you want to drag race, it works well as the engagement is around 4500 to 4800. You need traction for it to really work for you. Like some of the guys have posted before, stock is pretty good.

Racy2 said:
It only works on the bottom end, no top end gain on my Apex. If you want to drag race, it works well as the engagement is around 4500 to 4800. You need traction for it to really work for you. Like some of the guys have posted before, stock is pretty good.

I disagree....every sled is different I am sure. I did 40 miles worth of radar runs on the weekend.

Gained 3mph on top with the kit and it was wraped at 6 and 2 by mistake.

I had mine wrapped at 6 and 3 and I gained 4-5 mph on the DM, but with a 23 top gear.

I found 100 degees was best for me,tried 70,80,90,100,110 and each gained alittle till i got to 100 then 110 fell back off...

I agree it works on top by alittle bit too,helps pull harder on harpack.

I will test next season with 23 tooth,its abit harder to get REAL WORLD testing with gears as its abit more to change them out,but if i can do it same day with same track and equal condtions ect i will post for sure.

I m not sure 23 will pull as big TOP END numbers on ICE,i agree in snow or hardpack it may work better then 24...but for long hauls in ice i still think stock gears.

testing is best!
dan

Dan.. You hit the nail right on the head, I did all the testing with different Kits here on Lake of Bays, Including the Proline..keeping an Apex Gt Stock... back at the end of January,Including having the 23 top T. When its all said and done the stock GT is going to give a clutched sled more than what it wants by the time you get to the end of the lake. I proved it and sold my Kit. I wanted top end and neither provided me with that. although midrange where Mach's rule I could beat,660 to 1000.Living on a lake is the difference in most of or needs.Bill

Dan, you know your extra mph in a radarrun on your sled is DUE to the rpms...not the clutch kit!! The faster Apex's were all revving high, including yourself!

It's only 2-3mph, with your sled being slammed and airbox lid'd!! 500 rpms on our sleds is equal to about 5mph on paper. So maybe I should have wound up my secondary?!!!!!!! Man I was lazy Sunday.

I still wonder if you are loosing power at 11000rpms, and only showing the extra couple mph from the rpms. Would the Proline kit be quicker in a 1000 foot drag at 10500rpms or 11000rpm? Notice I said 'QUICKER', not faster, as this is all the clutch kits can give you, is better ET.

87gtNOS said:
Dan, you know your extra mph in a radarrun on your sled is DUE to the rpms...not the clutch kit!! The faster Apex's were all revving high, including yourself!

It's only 2-3mph, with your sled being slammed and airbox lid'd!! 500 rpms on our sleds is equal to about 5mph on paper. So maybe I should have wound up my secondary?!!!!!!! Man I was lazy Sunday.

I still wonder if you are loosing power at 11000rpms, and only showing the extra couple mph from the rpms. Would the Proline kit be quicker in a 1000 foot drag at 10500rpms or 11000rpm? Notice I said 'QUICKER', not faster, as this is all the clutch kits can give you, is better ET.

Apex Horsepower at 59 degrees f. They should make a little more horsepower with cooler temps. Would you rev your SC mustang to 7000 RPM if the horsepower peak was at 7500 RPM. Here is the answer to your question:

RPM Horsepower

10300 145.2
10400 147.2
10500 147.4
10600 147.2
10700 148.1
10800 147.6
10900 145.4

By the way, the reason they drop off so fast in HP after 10900 RPM is due to exhaust restriction.

So which kit, is gonna be the best for trail riding / trail racing, I don't care about drag racing or top speed, I just want something for 0 to 75 mph, ( mainly in the whoops and twists on the trails) and something that is gonna just be a little bit more snappy then stock.... Any suggestions.. OR would re gearing work?

Throttl Jockey said:
So which kit, is gonna be the best for trail riding / trail racing, I don't care about drag racing or top speed, I just want something for 0 to 75 mph, ( mainly in the whoops and twists on the trails) and something that is gonna just be a little bit more snappy then stock.... Any suggestions.. OR would re gearing work?

Stick with stock

Back