• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problem!! Engine light is on. Any advise?

Ellis

I rode my wife's 2007 phazer gt for the 1st time today. It ran very good down the road, then when I came back to the house the engine light came on (blinking steadily) and it wouldn't let me go forward. It seems like it went into a "fail-safe" mode??? When I turned it off and re-started it the light was gone. I repeated my ride and had the same issue when I slowed down to turn the sled around.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm hoping it is a quick fix!

Thanks,

Ryan

look for a number that flashes at the same time the light is on. if its any kind of problem a code number should flash. then look up the number and then u know ur problem. also when ur low on gas the caution or engin light flashes and the gas gauge will flash. u could just be almost out of gas

+1 on TORS...does it happen as soon as you let off the throttle?

Ricketts said:
+1 on TORS...does it happen as soon as you let off the throttle?

Yes, it does happen when I let off the throttle. What is the TORS??? HOw do I fix it.

Thanks again!

has it been out side in any freezing rain? or did it rain and then droped below freezing and hasnt warmed up yet? if so u may have some ice in the area where ur throtel pivots. this is also the area that activates the tors. i would start there if u keep it where it been below freezing lately. just use a hair dryer and melt any possible ice or water in there. if its been warm and not below freezing is ur phazer new or used. or do u know if its still under warenty? if it is bring it in and they should be able to adjust the cable to specs and that should fix the problem.

TORS is a throttle override safety feature...Terret725 is right, if the throttle cable or a pivot or something has ice on it or has froze for whatever reason, if goes into a safe mode, that way your throttle doesn't stay open and your Phazer doesn't plow into the far end of a lake, or a tree or something. I lost an uncle and a friend back in the '90's on machines that didn't have this feature.

Rick

Back