• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

problem with rx1 after ecp kit

it did come with 165 but i figued mb is colder so i would try 170 also my plugs look more white than tan. i did unplug tors and still the same

i found something about jets.
supertuner wrote "i find odd that some of the Yamaha jets are sized to the genuine Mikuni jets. But, all of them aren't the same when you pin guage them. Yamaha also has some wierd sizes that genuine Mikuni jets don't have"

are they mikuni jets? that might explain the plugs.

going to put it back to stock as i lost some mph on top end with it also.just leave the heelclicker clutch and set it back to where it was .then i will see if it does the same .very easy to put filter kit back on.

Well if they are arcing just fix that and go with the kit it is probably something easy to fix. The kit wont cause arcing. Did you put the new plugs in and do you have the connectors back on the plugs securely. I am told they can be bit hard to put on.

i will play with it again tommorrow and try to figure it out.what do arcing coils cause the sled to do

Pretty much sputter and misfire for sure loss of power foul plugs misfire backfire you name it. The energy for the spark is supposed to go into the spark and timed so any screwing around with the coils arcing and you are going to see all these problems.

05RX1LE said:
Make sure you didn't remove the WRONG jets.....the mains are easily confused with the pilots.

My buddy did it and had the same problem.

Yes that is a very common mistake, because of the Main Jet LOCATION........Seems To Fool People.

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY YOU MUST SYNCRONIZE the Carbs, ater installing a ECP Kit.

Plus You should be running 165's @ 2 1/4 to 2 3/8 turns out 4 WHERE U R.

Your sled RAN FINE before U put the Kit in, so do the math WHAT CHANGED............CARBURETION,..................ALSO

.....Check to B sure U didn't lose any of those TINNIE WENNIE "O" Rings, and that U have the Needle Jet Assmbly snaped down correctly in that plastic basket........B gentle with those they R fragile. Use a tad of electical gel on the tip of your plugs and B sure you push the boots down ALL THE WAY.

rx1 fern said:
going to put it back to stock as i lost some mph on top end with it also.just leave the heelclicker clutch and set it back to where it was .then i will see if it does the same .very easy to put filter kit back on.

I fail to understand how putting the stock airbox back on and main jets and CV slide springs is going to fix the stick coils/sparkplug caps from arcing?

For now and until you order new stick coils from your dealer, go to Radio Shack or an electronics store of your choice and buy some Dielectric Grease. Smear inside and outside the offending coils and enjoy the ECP Air Kit.

Freddie

freddie all my coils are arcing could this be my problem it keeps up to the apex till about 90 mph then the apex pulls on mebut i could feel it sputtering when i take off

Back