• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Props to MPI on new Yamaha Deal

petey_sx700

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Viper STX DX 146
2013 Vector
2018 SRX 120
Props to MPI on making another sale to Yamaha. Shows you guys are doing your homework. Would love to run your turbo. If anyone orders an MTX and doesn't want theirs i'm in :bling

Right on! I PM Matt and told him the same thing. I love the set up, and all the guys at MPI are great! Im happy I got the right kit! :Rockon:

Maybe Yamaha should give me a 5 year warranty now that MPI is the official Turbo!

I know good luck with that! Good stuff MPI :-o

heard it wasn't the full kit. You still have to buy gauges and such. my dealer said out the door was $165000.

Yes it does not even have the intercooler and is a stripped down version of the 190 kit. Even the 190 kit we all bought did not come with any gauges. That still is a hell of a deal.

Yamadog said:
Yes it does not even have the intercooler and is a stripped down version of the 190 kit. Even the 190 kit we all bought did not come with any gauges. That still is a hell of a deal.

Apparently, the 2K quoted price does not include installation either, so what will be the real cost, when it is all said and done, correctly ?

Well the basic kit we bought is capable of 12#'s of boost you need to lower compression to run over 7. Either head shim or low compression pistons are required and the fuel pump cannot supply enough fuel for over 6 or 7 #'s so that has to be upgraded also.

When you go over 6#'s and lower compression you will lose a bit of low end so you have to upgrade the wastegate to a quick spool.

Mine should be done soon I will let you know. My target is 10 #'s

Yamadog: Are you upping the power on your XTX kit? Headshim? Pistons? What boost and will you have to run race gas?

yes I am putting in Carrillo rods Wiseco pistons quick spool waste gate upsize fuel pump boost controller and taking her to 10 to 12 pounds

yes I am putting in Carrillo rods Wiseco pistons quick spool waste gate upsize fuel pump boost controller and taking her to 10 to 12 pounds

Sorry that was my cell phone I did that while getting root canal :o|

Yes at 10#'s I will be running 93 or higher but with boost controller I can back her to 6#'s and run 91 or cary 110 with me to blend with 91.

Back