• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PULLED THE TRIGGER

Morg13

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 XF900
2020 Renegade Enduro
So I did it. Snowchecked a 2022 Winder XTX LE.
I'm having the dealer install a skid plate, blown belt protector, tunnel protectors and an Ice Strom 150. While it's apart, I want to gear it for a bit more speed.
I'm looking for recommendations on gearing. I wont be drag racing, 70% lake running and 30% trails.
Is there anything else I should do while it's apart?
Thanks for any advice.

The DMC top gear/bushing assy.,and brass shifting forks,one of the TY vendors great product, and go to Barn of parts ,check his site out ,well worth it.with 70% lake running,you may want to consider DuPont Vespel sliders. I would also consider a 2 ply track with iGRIPS . Less ballooning at higher speeds,less chance of throwing a stud,longer durability.You might be able to iGRIP the factory track ,with substantial savings.

Last edited:
So I did it. Snowchecked a 2022 Winder XTX LE.
I'm having the dealer install a skid plate, blown belt protector, tunnel protectors and an Ice Strom 150. While it's apart, I want to gear it for a bit more speed.
I'm looking for recommendations on gearing. I wont be drag racing, 70% lake running and 30% trails.
Is there anything else I should do while it's apart?
Thanks for any advice.
I recently installed a couple of these Ice Storm tracks. The center lugs are coming off at high speeds with hardly any amount of miles on them.

I recently installed a couple of these Ice Storm tracks. The center lugs are coming off at high speeds with hardly any amount of miles on them.
Have you talked to Camco? I'd hope these have warranty.

I'm going through the process. Put a claim in, they said I need to take it off and send it in.
Ya, thats a pain in the butt either way.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering if this is a common problem with these tracks?

Didn't they update this area in the last year or so?

I'll be calling Camco again tomorrow. When I spoke with the tech a few weeks ago he never mentioned any problems but I realize that isn't uncommon lol

I have a 18 Winder here with the 1.6 3.0 pitch 2 ply track and there is not one lug missing at 3700 miles. I had bought this sled new and ride it the first year with lots of top speed pulls. The rubber seems soft on this track, but doesn't tear off!

I'm going through the process. Put a claim in, they said I need to take it off and send it in.
Sorry to hear that what a pia!! After i had fully rebuilt my chaincase& installed a newer skid I had an issue with another brand track coming apart on one side, it only had about 500 miles on it& fortunately i hadnt studded it yet,also it happened close to season end so i didnt lose any riding time but it took 6 hours to limp it back to the truck( could only go about 20mph) they were great about warranty, they had me take a pic of the track serial number & the damage& after review they said they had a newer model coming out in the fall& wanted to know if I would prefer to wait for that one which i did, i have about 1200 miles on it & it has been awesome so far, they told me to just throw the old track out,they hadnt had any trouble with the first model i had that failed but im sure its like tires& you get a bum one now& again or they have defective batches now& then,different brands must handle the warranty differently?lots of work for the consumer especially if you had just put it all together( x 2 in your case ughh )

Sorry to hear that what a pia!! After i had fully rebuilt my chaincase& installed a newer skid I had an issue with another brand track coming apart on one side, it only had about 500 miles on it& fortunately i hadnt studded it yet,also it happened close to season end so i didnt lose any riding time but it took 6 hours to limp it back to the truck( could only go about 20mph) they were great about warranty, they had me take a pic of the track serial number & the damage& after review they said they had a newer model coming out in the fall& wanted to know if I would prefer to wait for that one which i did, i have about 1200 miles on it & it has been awesome so far, they told me to just throw the old track out,they hadnt had any trouble with the first model i had that failed but im sure its like tires& you get a bum one now& again or they have defective batches now& then,different brands must handle the warranty differently?lots of work for the consumer especially if you had just put it all together( x 2 in your case ughh )
What track brand was that?

Early model composit
Had a "new" version one, split in half at 1500 miles. They said too many studs. All up the middle. Also said anything over a 1.375" too long on a 1.25" track. Won't run one again. My $.02

Had a "new" version one, split in half at 1500 miles. They said too many studs. All up the middle. Also said anything over a 1.375" too long on a 1.25" track. Won't run one again. My $.02
Was it a t320?? Im riding an old sled rx1(1.25x 136)so lower hp but havent had any issues yet& hope not too, have 108 warthog 1.38 & studboy power plate backers, im definetly not easy on it & so far it still looks like new& no issues

Back