• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pulleys OK?

YammieDave

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary
2009 Nytro Supercharged 144"
Just got my first 4 stroker, and it's supercharged, so thats new to me as well. 2009 Nytro.

Looking at the lower pulley and it's a bit gritty looking. I wanted to get some advice as to whether I should be concerned about this.
20180712_194149-1.jpg

I sell these types of belts and pulleys in Industrial Applications . Something doesn't look right! You could either have the wrong belt and the teeth don't mesh with the pulley correctly or the wrong pulley and the profile is wrong for the belt. I would determine who manufactured the super charger and see if you can find a parts list online . Then try and match up the belt and the pulleys .

Send the Manufacture the picture and let them take a look.

As a follow-up, I did contact MPI and a tech named Josh replied. He said it did look a little worn, but from what he could tell in the pic the cogs didn't seem to be rounded or stepped.

He advised that I check the belt tension and the top pulley, and follow up with him if I'm concerned.

I bought the sled, cleaned and inspected it a little, then put it in my storage 40 minutes away, so I'll get to it this Fall.

As a follow-up, I did contact MPI and a tech named Josh replied. He said it did look a little worn, but from what he could tell in the pic the cogs didn't seem to be rounded or stepped.

He advised that I check the belt tension and the top pulley, and follow up with him if I'm concerned.

I bought the sled, cleaned and inspected it a little, then put it in my storage 40 minutes away, so I'll get to it this Fall.

It looks loose to me.. have you checked deflection?

Ok, I'll be checking that. It looks like the deflection should be about 1/4" at 15-20 lbs. I'll have to pick up a tensioner tool, Autozone probably has a loaner.

Ok, I'll be checking that. It looks like the deflection should be about 1/4" at 15-20 lbs. I'll have to pick up a tensioner tool, Autozone probably has a loaner.

I use a fish scale, put metal rule across pulleys and measure. Its pretty stout.

Back