• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pulsing noise

Sledroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX LE
2017 SW LTX LE
When my 22 SRX is idling I can hear a pulsing noise in the engine compartment , that I have never heard before .
It seems to run fine , but it appears to be a new sound .
Anyone else have this ?
Can someone send a picture of the right side of the engine , to make sure all is normal .

Sounds like it heated roll over valve my buddies new cat does same thing.

Sounds like it heated roll over valve my buddies new cat does same thing.
So it appears that the cause of the pulsing noise it that I am missing the black screw that is shown on the attached picture , up at the top middle .
What is that ? the rollover valve ?
Is it ok to drive without it ?

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 243
So it appears that the cause of the pulsing noise it that I am missing the black screw that is shown on the attached picture , up at the top middle .
What is that ? the rollover valve ?
Is it ok to drive without it ?

Thats where the original ROV used to be mounted. It is not open to the tank.

The ROV is now under the steering post over the valve cover.

The noise you hear is the ROV venting to the airbox. The noise is not a problem.

Weird
The fist time I heard that noise was when I was in Gaspe Bay two weeks ago
Got back home to find my oil tank seal was leaking

Thats where the original ROV used to be mounted. It is not open to the tank.

The ROV is now under the steering post over the valve cover.

The noise you hear is the ROV venting to the airbox. The noise is not a problem.
Why is that black screw there to do ?

I had a post about that noise a couple weeks ago. It is the roll over valve pulsing which is now vented to the air box. Either delete ROV or reroute hose to the 1/2” fittings where it used to go on the intake manifold just before turbo. It’s capped off on my 22. It will be muffled there and you won’t hear it.

It’s crazy annoying sound

I originally thought it was BOV I rerouted it to the 1/2 fitting. Next time I’m working on sled I’m pretty sure it’s going to get deleted. As I’m typing this I thought about the snot that’s going into he after cooler.

This noise is annoying for sure. I never really noticed it much at first but it's all I hear now because it's there lol.

Are there times where it's better or worse? Cold, warm up, long runs. Can't really figure it out.

Other than this....sled is freaking awesome in every respect...um, except weight. It's quick and rails.

2022 LTX gt eps.

Last edited:
Just read my post. I wasn’t very clear

i rerouted the rollover exit hose from the air filter area are ( I have CAI that made this sound even louder ) to the 1/2” fitting over by the turbo. I believe it’s the fitting the earlier models used for the roll over valve

Just read my post. I wasn’t very clear

i rerouted the rollover exit hose from the air filter area are ( I have CAI that made this sound even louder ) to the 1/2” fitting over by the turbo. I believe it’s the fitting the earlier models used for the roll over valve
Thanks a ton! You must be annoyed at responding to this every 6 months lol.

Not at all

Kinda embarrassing to post a vague post like I did previously that helped no one

There are lots of hacks to be learned on this site. Very valuable asset when one has the desire to make something that pretty awesome even better

Back