• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pure Magic

AAdavis

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder SRX
Yesterday was pure magic riding Union Pass in Wyoming. Went with my brother and 3 to 4 inches of untracked on top of a very smooth groom (the last of the year) and sunshine with temps in the low 20,s!! It was untracked on the way in and only our tracks on the way out. We were the only ones on the trail all day! Working data logging a 300hp tune. Lots of tail out drifting on a very soft snow.
P1080648Edit.jpg
1 Edit.jpg
Edit 4.jpg

That’s great. Nice looking pictures. Hard to believe fresh snow!

We can see snow into June here. We have a 110 inch base of compacted snow to ride on. The season will go strong for another 6 weeks.

We can see snow into June here. We have a 110 inch base of compacted snow to ride on. The season will go strong for another 6 weeks.
What is elevation there? Would us old guys get short of breath? LOL

The pictures are taken at 9600ft. Like any activity the better body you bring the more fun you have!

So it sounds like snowmobiling in northwest Wyoming is new to some of you. Understand it is a major powder riding destination for people around the world. There is lots of guided riding from Togwetee Pass. There are hundreds of miles of groomed trails. Here is what no one is paying attention to. Nobody here has performance trail sleds. THEY ALL RIDE POWDER SLEDS! They only ride the trails to get to the powder. They get off the trails as much as possible. If it has not snowed for while they do not ride. They do not ride on weekdays in any number. So on a weekday after no snow for a while is leaves me and my brother untracked groom to ride for 40 or 50 miles at a time and we seen no one! I think we have the only trail winders in the area and maybe the only winders period. Now I like powder also. I am a ski instructor so when there is powder I am skiing and if not I sled. Corn snow season is here now and then you can go everywhere. Sometimes with a bit of new snow on top!
Edit Snowbile 1.jpg

Back