• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Push button switchable exhaust

tnc110

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX SE, SRXs
It sure would be nice if a rider could hit a bar mounted button that would activate an exhaust butterfly to tame a loud exhaust when needed. Seems like noise restrictions are getting more strict each year. Anyone see any kits available? Maybe something for BOP to look into? Travis?

XYZ made some for the Z1 turbo cats. Jaws currently makes one for the sidewinder, quiet when cruising and a baffle opens up when the boost hits a certain psi.

XYZ made some for the Z1 turbo cats. Jaws currently makes one for the sidewinder, quiet when cruising and a baffle opens up when the boost hits a certain psi.

Jaws $1050 for silencer!

I am making my own with a loudvalve boost activated cutout. I will reroute exhaust through a muffler then when boost hits 6 psi it will open up and turn into a full 3" tunnel dump. I am welding it next week and hoping it will tame the beast for the trails and only really disturb the deer when I hit the go lever :)

I am making my own with a loudvalve boost activated cutout. I will reroute exhaust through a muffler then when boost hits 6 psi it will open up and turn into a full 3" tunnel dump. I am welding it next week and hoping it will tame the beast for the trails and only really disturb the deer when I hit the go lever :)
Nice!

Thats what the 1050 Jaws silencer does I believe. Opens at 6psi. Just one thing, when you're cruising higher speeds, you will be more than 6psi and your exhaust will open the whole time pretty much.

Thats what the 1050 Jaws silencer does I believe. Opens at 6psi. Just one thing, when you're cruising higher speeds, you will be more than 6psi and your exhaust will open the whole time pretty much.
That's a good point rail road beds may get old. Thankfully most of my riding is NOT like that and its a lot of open closed throttle. You can run a manual boost control (MBC) valve and have it open at say 8psi if your always in 6 when cruising. I am tempted to loop it into my MBC and have it open at WOT only just to try it out.

Back