• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

QS-3R question

THEPASMAN

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
I’m trying to find a sidewinder model that came with QS-3R ‘s as factory equipment with the uncoupled skid like an XTX. Rear skid shock is what I’m trying to replace.

Last edited:

All four my 22 XTX has qs3 ‘s but only three the front skid has no adjustment other than spring tension

I was hoping the change out the rear shock to a qs3r but it appears that it’s not available for the uncoupled skid

I’m not happy with high speed damping and it bottoms out on quick hits

so I was just into my dealer and the they confirmed that the 2019 XTX le has 4 qs3’s my
22 XTX le has only three , center is just a gas shock parts shows just gas but a shop manual show that it should have the qs3 in the centre.

If it did I’m sure I’d be happier with the ride anybody’s 22 or 23 XTX have a full set of qs3 shocks

so I was just into my dealer and the they confirmed that the 2019 XTX le has 4 qs3’s my
22 XTX le has only three , center is just a gas shock parts shows just gas but a shop manual show that it should have the qs3 in the centre.

If it did I’m sure I’d be happier with the ride anybody’s 22 or 23 XTX have a full set of qs3 shocks

The 2019 is a 141 and you have the 146. Two completely different skids.

According to the parts breakdown the 22 and 23 137" skids share the same center shock as the 146" so a QS3 or QS3-R from a 137" MIGHT work.

@cannondale27 might have a better idea?

This is the shop book that was referred to

Attachments

• 559D8C34-0529-4BA2-960C-BB695AE5C739.jpeg
    559D8C34-0529-4BA2-960C-BB695AE5C739.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 47
All four my 22 XTX has qs3 ‘s but only three the front skid has no adjustment other than spring tension

I was hoping the change out the rear shock to a qs3r but it appears that it’s not available for the uncoupled skid

I’m not happy with high speed damping and it bottoms out on quick hits

This spring on your center shock will help your bottoming issue. Install it with about 2-3 turns of preload.
Screenshot_20210120-204130_Chrome.jpg

thanks I’m considering that

I’m bit disappointed that it didn’t come with all four qs3’s

Back