• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Qs3 vs qs3 rc

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
I'm looking to upgrade my sw dx. My previous viper had fox qs3 shocks. They worked good. The qs3 was stiffer then my stock dx shocks for sure and I did like the qs3 performance.

is the new qs3 1.5 better ? Any input would be great.

I'm looking to upgrade my sw dx. My previous viper had fox qs3 shocks. They worked good. The qs3 was stiffer then my stock dx shocks for sure and I did like the qs3 performance.

is the new qs3 1.5 better ? Any input would be great.
I am confused on the naming. They all are 1.5's except rear shock. If you are talking the Qs3 rc's like on the LE models that's a way better shock adjustment wise and quality of internals. The plastic piston on the base Qs3 is my main concern.

I am confused on the naming. They all are 1.5's except rear shock. If you are talking the Qs3 rc's like on the LE models that's a way better shock adjustment wise and quality of internals. The plastic piston on the base Qs3 is my main concern.
Ok. That's what I mean. I'm not up on the terminology.

thanks. I'm going to go with the newest ones from the le model. They are on eBay for a fairly good price.

Last edited:

thanks. I'm going to go with the newest ones from the le model. They are on eBay for a fairly good price.

What's the going rate for these bad boys?

Are you going with all 4 (the two in the skid also)?? Or just the two up front on the front A Arms?

Are you going with all 4 (the two in the skid also)?? Or just the two up front on the front A Arms?
If I can find a real good price on all four that would be ideal.

The fronts are 1000 for the set

Are the base model qs3 shocks breaking a lot because of the plastic parts? I can get a set of these reasonable , or are they crap?

Are the base model qs3 shocks breaking a lot because of the plastic parts? I can get a set of these reasonable , or are they crap?

If I were you, I'd stick with the qs3r version that comes on the LE models...from what is written and from what the guys are saying here who have the LE's, those Shocks are the absolute BEST Period. If I was thinking of upgrading my Shocks as you are thinking, I'd go with those that are on the LE Winders for sure, and nothing else. Of course that's just my opinion, and you can do whatever you feel is best for you.

I'm not one to call out one of our favorite shock guru's (sorry Cannondale) .... But just so we all have the correct wording, I don't believe Fox has a shock called the Qs3-rc. They do have the Qs3-r which has rebound (which are awesome BTW!!!). But no Qs3-rc since by the name of Qs3 it already has the 3 position compression clicker. So they just have the Qs3 and the Qs3-r (Cannondale correct me if I'm wrong). There are also kashima coated and non-kashima coated ones floating around out there in the interwebs.

I'm not one to call out one of our favorite shock guru's (sorry Cannondale) .... But just so we all have the correct wording, I don't believe Fox has a shock called the Qs3-rc. They do have the Qs3-r which has rebound (which are awesome BTW!!!). But no Qs3-rc since by the name of Qs3 it already has the 3 position compression clicker. So they just have the Qs3 and the Qs3-r (Cannondale correct me if I'm wrong). There are also kashima coated and non-kashima coated ones floating around out there in the interwebs.
Thanks for clearing it up. I loved my base qs3 that came on my 16 viper le. So I can imagine the ones with rebound adjustment are even better

The QS3R have the Kashima coating. These were new in 2016 i believe as an upgrade to the QS3 shocks.

Right. Mostly pointing out the 1.5. There are some 2.0 out there but only sleds I saw them on were the Race Sleds and not many of those.

I would say it "May" be a issue since I have seen two of the pistons cracked but very few bother sending their shocks to me until there is something really wrong with them. That's why I have been telling folks with the base QS3 that they need servicing more often then other shocks. Because they do. Thing is I have never seen this issue on any other shock. Just don't have enough info to condemn them since they really do work well when working.

I would say it "May" be a issue since I have seen two of the pistons cracked but very few bother sending their shocks to me until there is something really wrong with them. That's why I have been telling folks with the base QS3 that they need servicing more often then other shocks. Because they do. Thing is I have never seen this issue on any other shock. Just don't have enough info to condemn them since they really do work well when working.
I guesse the question is can you get parts for the base qs3 shocks still?

Back