• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Qualipieces Rollerski install on Stryke ski question.

shawnj

Expert
Im currently installing these on my 2022 sidewinder along with semi aggressive snowtrackers. In the install instructions for the rollerski wheels, it shows placing a supplied metal shim under my existing plastic shim on the back side of the ski. I did this, however, now the two factory plastic shims dont sit level. I contacted Qualipieces and they said to install in anyway and that the rubber is soft enough that it will eventually form to the newly added shim. My question is, do I put it in or leave it out. It seems that by adding this shim to the rear of ski it will now point my newly installed snowtrackers up on the front more. If anyone can advise here asap that would be great as Im part way through install today and dont want to locktite and have to remove again.
Thanks.
For reference, if you look up install guide for them you'll see the picture of said supplied shim. I tried to upload a photo but unsuccessful.

Pic of ship from installation instructions.

Attachments

• 069D00C7-293D-4DB7-95BA-B9DFCEDF401A.jpeg
    069D00C7-293D-4DB7-95BA-B9DFCEDF401A.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 79
I ended up installing that shim on one side and leaving out the other. Tightened up the snowtrackers and the one with the shim might of had 1/16” gap under the front of the actual carbide part, the other side pretty much level or slightly downward. In the end, I installed both shims. Hopefully that’s fine. Will wait to locktite the bolts for a week or two just in case I find different information.

Shimming the back of the ski will give you better carbide wear/anti-darting any way

Back