• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec ,Lanaudiere photo ride report 4 janv.10

towing

Expert
happy new years guys :Rockon:

For those of you who enjoy photo ride report... LaLaLa

We started yesterday from home on the #43 trail to Joliette. Trail had not been grommed last night but conditions are pretty good...

DSC06884Large.jpg

We opened the throttle on these field straigh trails and very soon, we arrivied in the St-Gabriel de Brandon area and fresly groomed #63 trail was just waiting for us...

DSC06897Large.jpg

The trail was a perfect hard road track... 10/10

DSC06900Large.jpg

DSC06901Large.jpg

We kept these wonderfull condition up to St-Gabriel. We continue in north direction on the #345 trail and as we climbed in the mountains, we saw that there was more snow...

DSC06936Large.jpg

Just after the Pourvoirie St-Damien, the trail is completed and no more road side to do. We entered in the St-Zenon trail network, an other freshly groomed trail

DSC06945Large.jpg

We switched from hard packed trail to full powder trail

DSC06947Large.jpg

What can i say ????? 12/10

DSC06951Large.jpg

I was a little deceived because the sun quit us and the clouds have took place... it was still very nice

DSC06953Large.jpg

Lumberjack activity had ended near Real Masse and no more side road to do there neither

DSC06954Large.jpg

The scenic was superb, here fully frosted...

DSC06964Large.jpg

And here fully snow loaded...

DSC06968Large.jpg

DSC06969Large.jpg

It was still pretty soon and we decided to go at St-Michel des Saint for the lunch, so we took the #318 trail just after the Cabanon. Again, freshly groomed trail,very good conditions...

DSC06983Large.jpg

I was wondering what wonderful pics I had took if i had a full blue sunny sky... He no, this damn snow is falling again..lol

DSC06985Large.jpg

The bigs drops near St-Michel were in pretty good condition, just few rocks and brown snow on the last one near the village.
And we took a lunch at Vieux Moulin a Scie

DSC06991Large.jpg

After the lunch we had try to took the #343 trail that go the St-Zenon village but it was not groomed and seems very ruff so we go back on the same trail down to the Cabanon... not a big sacrifice...

DSC06997Large.jpg

And took the local trail from there to go to St-Zenon village. The first part was freshly groomed...

DSC07000Large.jpg

DSC07003Large.jpg

DSC07005Large.jpg

But the second was not. There was alot of loose snow over the trail...

DSC07006Large.jpg

DSC07008Large.jpg

We ride up to St-Zenon village and took #343 trail south. I was a little surprised to see that it wasnot grommed there neither but easier to ride two up...

DSC07013Large.jpg

Super frosty shut here...

DSC07015Large.jpg

DSC07020Large.jpg

We then took the #63 trail south and just a little south from La Glacière we meet this wonderful machine

DSC07021Large.jpg

We than get a perfect ride, with snow flakes in bonus...

DSC07023Large.jpg

At the next crossing, we kept the #63 down domaine Bazinet. It was sunset time and it was over for the pics...

DSC07024Large.jpg

We kept on the #63 trail to the south, big drops near Ste-Émilie had been reworked and the trail is now safer there. In St-Jean de Matha, the black river near BRP dealer is safe and the trail is completed there also.

We came back home with a good 197 miles on the clock and the head full of those beautiful images we just saw there...

To conclude, as you saw the conditions are very good. There still some places where some sand is mix with the snow, the results of the slow season beginning but there alot of snow and the trail system is in shape...just waiting for us...

Bye :Rockon:
Alain

Alain, great pics, It reminds me of our trip to your area last year. It was the best trip we had done ever.It was only topped a month later with our trip to the Gaspe. Hope we see you up there some day :jump: :jump: :jump:

Back