• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec soon, mirror solutions?

Conedodger

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
shopping, blew up my 07 MachZ1000
So with luck I'll squeak in one more 3 day ride this year, will be Eustis, ME conditions permitting but plan B is Quebec.

You need mirrors to be legal in Quebec and lets face it they are a good idea. So what have people tried and love? Tried and hate? I really don't want hand guards, subjective taste. Not fond of the ones that bolt to a panel, they often don't see around my wide frame. I have a nice medium blue viper WS on it would rather not replace the WS. A strap on will make me legal but otherwise be useless. So I lean towards bar end mirrors, anyone?

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 189
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 180
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 175
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 172
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 169
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 168

Don't waste your money on any of that. You just need ONE MIRROR to be legal. It doesn't even have to be functional. I just stop and get a $3 little round stick on mirror from a truck stop and stick it to your dash or somewhere that looks like you were at least attempting to make it work. LOL. Before you ask, Yes, I have bee checked my the authorities with it like this and they always laugh and state that the law says you just need it, not that it needs to work.

Get a strap on for the back of your glove. It's all you need. I personally run them off my handguards but that's me.

Get a strap on for the back of your glove. It's all you need. I personally run them off my handguards but that's me.
Thx, we share some other hobbies

Attachments

• 20106617_1395210723893712_5935694164905292447_n.jpg
    20106617_1395210723893712_5935694164905292447_n.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 180
  • sc5.jpg
    sc5.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 164
I did 3 day ride through Quebec, got stopped by cops and trail wardens. Only one sled in the group of 6 had mirrors and they didn’t even mention it. Just checking permits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't waste your money on any of that. You just need ONE MIRROR to be legal. It doesn't even have to be functional. I just stop and get a $3 little round stick on mirror from a truck stop and stick it to your dash or somewhere that looks like you were at least attempting to make it work. LOL. Before you ask, Yes, I have bee checked my the authorities with it like this and they always laugh and state that the law says you just need it, not that it needs to work.
Me I lead a lot so I have working mirrors but I agree whole heartedly with this. Its obvious most of the locals do the same just stick a cheap compliance mirror on the left side. No sense risking the hassle of ticket when $5 would have avoided it.

Exactely what i did!
Btw. Mirror strap on hand is not coseiderate legal here
image.jpg

Sad that there is no good solution for mirrors on the Winder
The accessory mirrors are too expensive, and ugly
I am usually the leader in our group, mirrors are needed for me.

Screenshot_20180223-225629-432x768.png
Screenshot_20180223-225804-432x768.png
I took an old old old snowmobile mirror which had a 4 inch straight section and hacksawed off the threaded part which attached to an old old old snowmobile. I zip tied this remaining stalk with mirror to the end of the left handlebar with four zip ties. This was just two weeks ago. Our group got stopped and my sled was the one they decided to cavity search. They checked credentials, trail passes, insurance, etc. Mirror was deemed acceptable although I did not draw attention to it in any way. I'll look for pic and post if I can find one.

Last edited:
67BE946A-E7B6-4938-A984-A21F39FDDD42.jpeg
Yes hand mirrors are not legal. Just a cheap mirror on sled is though no matter if functional or not.

Mirrors on Powermadd Sentenall handguards work great.

Last edited:
They are awesome and had no issues.
All I do these days is ride Quebec.

Attachments

• 5D21B74B-605B-4CB1-954B-F651EAA46277.jpeg
    5D21B74B-605B-4CB1-954B-F651EAA46277.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 145

Back