• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for sidewinder owners with the coupled suspension

No. The 137 Procross chassis is very flat. Good for handling, not good for ski lifting.

I have a 18 xtx 137, It does not do huge wheelies but I really have no complaints with transfer. It will cary the front end a few inches on hard accel from a dead stop to up to about 40 or so.

I guess I should rephrase that a little. Anywhere between stopped and about 40mph it will pull the skis a few inches and carry them for a while with hard accel. Not sure how long they float tho. Honestly I think people using the 1.25” track spin to much, studs or not. The backcountry x on the xtx 137 hooks amazing in just about any snow conditions except ice obviously.

One more thing, if you do decide to purchase the winder, do your self a favor and stay off this forum! As much as I like it, there is so much negativity said here. they will have you worried about every little thing. buy it, ride it and enjoy it. I feel most the problems people talk about here are self made.

I guess I should rephrase that a little. Anywhere between stopped and about 40mph it will pull the skis a few inches and carry them for a while with hard accel. Not sure how long they float tho. Honestly I think people using the 1.25” track spin to much, studs or not. The backcountry x on the xtx 137 hooks amazing in just about any snow conditions except ice obviously.

One more thing, if you do decide to purchase the winder, do your self a favor and stay off this forum! As much as I like it, there is so much negativity said here. they will have you worried about every little thing. buy it, ride it and enjoy it. I feel most the problems people talk about here are self made.
Funny post.... Real world is real world.....:-/

Whit 1,8 track transfert will not be a problem on 137" It's gonna vibrate hard on top speed

Funny post.... Real world is real world.....:-/

Whit 1,8 track transfert will not be a problem on 137" It's gonna vibrate hard on top speed
I’m definitely not saying it transfers like my Polaris rush 800 but definitely not complaining about the transfer. I’m about 180ish in my birthday suit so not a huge person to help it transfer.
As for a vibration, I not one to hold top end runs but I’ve seen 105-110 multiple times with no vibration complaints. IMO you loose a lot of transfer when you begin to spin, gotta hook up to get full transfer. Same in my car, transfers way harder when the tires hook up. I get many are looking for top speed which will definitely not be achieved with the 1.75 track.

Add some hp and that will be an awesome sled I’ve had my btx 153 1.75 over 120mph with no vibrations and I have ridden a 1.25 137 studded and it isn’t any fun for me. if it doesn’t have the 1.75 for traction I wouldn’t buy it. I think 80% of the 137 transfer issue is lack of traction with that little 1.25 lug.

Depends on set up and traction. 1.45 studs on 1.25 track won't cut it,

Depends on set up and traction. 1.45 studs on 1.25 track won't cut it,

That's a false statement. 192 Sharpened Megabites in a 1.45" length and mine actually has too much traction. If I did it again I'd only go 144 or 168. You have to know how to place them properly and what to use where. 192 done properly will hook like a mean SOB. Its actually overkill for the trail.

I've gone to the Racewerx quick adjuster to try and limit the ski lift and keep the skis down so I can control it.

IMG_2958.JPG

Also track lug size has very little to do with transfer. Transfer is a action of the suspension. Lifting the skis doesn't require any suspension movement at all as long as traction and power are there. A Nytro can be made to have a ton of suspension transfer stock. 137" ProCross is designed to have less transfer. Many have modded to gain more.

Its not the 1.25 track size that is the issue, its just that the 137 is a very flat ride, and doesn't transfer great. The 129 feels much different, and hooks up and transfers better in almost all conditions vs the 137.

Why do people want to lift the skis? While your doing this I will be way ahead of you being flat, Ever see real snowmobile drag races. The fast ones don't lift. It's all about traction. If your spinnin your not winin!

Back