• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for the clutch guys who know offset on secondary.

woodysattak

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 RTX LE
Well was supposed to head up to northern WI this weekend but a winter storm coming would be no good riding. Down in southern WI are trails were still open tonight for the last day. Perfect conditions very hard. I am still testing on the PB-80. We went out to supper and put on 40 miles. The more I run this clutch the more I like it. Still dialing it in but ran very strong. Question is I took off belt when got home and noticed the bottom of the belt towards the inner fixed primary sheave the cogs were fraying. In a couple spots it actually lifted the edge up. The rest of the cogs were not bad but compared to the outside cogs there was a slight fraying of edges. I am thinking offset could be the issue. If so more offset or less. Any info appreciated. I am not bad at dialing in clutch setups but this offset stuff I have no clue. Thanks.

Post pic of belt, it may help.

If you suspect it’s the fixed primary sheave I would think you’d want more offset to bring it outward

I mocked up my PB80 last week using the 8DN, and to get proper alignment at full shift I got 56.4mm offset doing things the Yamaha way, but be careful how you do it to avoid the raised pieces on the back of the PB80. I had to add 2.5mm more shim behind the secondary for proper alignment with the PB80 over the 57.6mm offset I run on the Yamaha primary setup.

Now you do realize that the inner fabric on the inner cogs will take a beating and fray just from sliding the belt on the secondary clutch when putting the belt on and taking it off right? The inner fabric layer on the inside of the belt will not show any traces of alignment issues.

Back