• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for those with the 136 in tip stretch kit from OFT

raginyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 xtx
Do you encounter more slider wear at the tip up?? I got 3000 miles out of my sliders, id like to see that many miles again. BTW if the guys from OFT read this there is no instructions on ur site for it. Its self explanitory just didnt know if there was instructions for it at all.

Re: Question for those with the 136 in tip stretch kit from

raginyamaha said:
Do you encounter more slider wear at the tip up?? I got 3000 miles out of my sliders, id like to see that many miles again. BTW if the guys from OFT read this there is no instructions on ur site for it. Its self explanitory just didnt know if there was instructions for it at all.

It's possible that you may notice a little more wear at the bend of the tip-up, but the front of the rail is where your sliders will wear out first. Make sure and take it easy on them to "break them in" on your first ride. It makes a huge difference.

The instructions were originally along with the 153-162 extension instructions, but a computer mishap screwed that up. Sorry about that, if you ever have any questions, always feel free to buy me a beer, I mean call.

Scott

OFT 136

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... 6&start=15

Check out this thread. I had a 2008 with 136" OFT extensions. I added stock idlers from a 2010 XTX to prevent wear because my slides were shot within 200 miles after the upgrade. Easy add. Just remove the rear swing arm mounting bolts from the rails and install the XTX bolts, Idler Spacers, and wheels by threading the new longer bolts into the swingarm.

Re: Question for those with the 136 in tip stretch kit from

raginyamaha said:

Yes. Add wheels in the rear mount location and you won't have a problem. There is already a hole there you just need the stock mounts and an extra set of wheels.

Attachments

• 23newwheels2.jpg
    23newwheels2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 79
did you have to grind the rails a little for the extentions to fit, i cant get them in. I dont have a file yet but figured id ask.

raginyamaha said:
did you have to grind the rails a little for the extentions to fit, i cant get them in. I dont have a file yet but figured id ask.

How far off from fitting? Mine fit and were within .015" I also added wheels in this location, zero slide wear 1500 miles with 135MM wheels..

Attachments

• Rail_Ext.jpg
    Rail_Ext.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Sled trip 007.jpg
    Sled trip 007.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 66
raginyamaha said:

yup I had to grind the back of the rails. Actually one side fit fine the other needed the grinder. Every sled or even rail is a shade different.

raginyamaha said:
k wanted to make sure b4 i go crazy

We designed them to fit tight. Our extensions inter-lock structually with the OEM rail that way, rather than putting all of the stresses on the mounting bolts. The OEM rails are sheared to get their shape and the draft ( angle of the shearing process ) will sometimes make them fit tighter on one side of the rail. If you look at the vertical end of the rail, you will see what I mean.

Call me if you have any problems. 952.465.7399

Scott

i will give it another try when its not so dam hot out. effin summer is such a buzz killer lol #$%&*

raginyamaha said:

I had purchased a set of 136 extensions for a 2008 that I used to have from OFT and they fit PERFECTLY! I miss the 136! I have an XTX and at times the 144 is a bit long. You'll LOVE it! ;)!

thanks nuke, and thanks for the yamaheater, itll be nice to have warm hands again.

raginyamaha said:
thanks nuke, and thanks for the yamaheater, itll be nice to have warm hands again.

No Prob! You'll love the Yamaheater! I rarely had to use the boost on my 2008. REALLY easy install too. ;)!

Good luck with your extensions. I know if you have issues, Scott from OFT will help you out!

Do you guys have p/n for the spacers or is it just any spacer on the skid i could use??

Back