• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question on my new skid installation?

Focker

Pro
I have all the holes drilled and brackets made for the installation of my ZR skid. I checked the measurements a hundred times and decided to check them once more when I was riveting on the support braces. Well, much to my dismay, I found out that my front mounting holes are a little cockeyed. One needs to come back a 1/16" and one needs to go forward a 1/16". Don't ask how I still managed to screw it up when I measured and remeasured. My question is, is this going to be a big deal, having it a little crooked? I am pretty sure I can just round out the holes a little and bring the tolerances closer. What do you guys, in your expert opinions think about this situation?

:o| :o| :o| :o| :drink:

Thanks in advance,
Focker

That's what ya get for puttin on that cat crap, lol You should be ok if you have the backer plate your putting on for added support. Also that 1/16th isn't going to kill ya anyway.

hole alignment

use the second set of holes as a lineup then use a rattail file to open the front holes. make a set of brackets out of 1/16th aluminum and rivet in place.

you dont need to use extra brackets, just put all the bolts in loose, and have someone move the rear of the skid up and down, to make sure nothing binds. Tighten them after, remember to use thread lock.

Back