• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question to Vendors

TurboJamie

TY 4 Stroke God
I have a quick question to the forum vendors,

If you were to make a product that did not meet the customers expectations and you had to modify the product which did not meet your original goals, would you charge the customer for this modification or would you repair it to keep their faith in your company.

Example you make an airbox for the apex and get little testing on it, then sell it to people whom go on your reputation it will work. You find out in the field it doesn't work as expected and come up with a solution, do you recall and repair the non performing boxes or do you charge the customer to do another mod to the box?

customer expectation vs. reality are rarely the same thing. a business could go bankrupt trying to meet a customers expectations. sounds like a lack of communication - vendors need to tell people buying their products - "no it wasn't designed to do that" or "no you won't see that much improvement". I worked in the freight business and had a customer that expected that i would haul his freight for free since i had room - i have customer right now that expect to pay the same price for a commercial in a vikings game that they do in any other game - doesn't work that way.

A performance product that originally shows no gains and advertised to do so should be recalled and changed out with a working product at no cost of the buyer, this is my thinking only as I'm not running a business.

Gains measured in product testing are as said not the same as what the consumer expects from a product, and yes communicating what the product will do, where it works and where it don't (flatland, mountain, deep snow) is very important so the consumer know what to expect from the product in different conditions. my .02 wort.

Any vendors willing to share their thoughts on the subject?

The question does pertain to a product that was sold on this forum a while back. It has to do with a specific exhaust product which was sold didn't work and was recalled to be repaird to work as advertised. The claim to repair has been denied. I was curious if since others were done for free why one can be denied, and if the repair is done there is a compensation cost.

Jamie you know he is full of poop and he wouldnt honour any warranty repair. He doesnt lurk around much and I think his #*$&@ will be handed to him at the Moose shoot-out. I cut mine up in peices and enjoyed every second of it. Have you bolted my header on and tryed yet.

TurboJamie said:
The question does pertain to a product that was sold on this forum a while back. It has to do with a specific exhaust product which was sold didn't work and was recalled to be repaird to work as advertised. The claim to repair has been denied. I was curious if since others were done for free why one can be denied, and if the repair is done there is a compensation cost.

Sorry to hear! Nothing worse than dealing with a sleez-ball.

I would expect that any recalled item be repaired to the same spec upgrade that other recalled items received. That being said, I would not expect a vendor to repair damage not caused by the recall. Not sure which situation you are in. Regardless, you are entitled to let others know of your issues so the rest of us can stay away.

I personally only deal with reputable vendors and dealers now as I have spent ALOT of money in my life on Snake Oil. Helps to know the bad ones.

Thank you for the replies guys it seems were on the same page that the part should be repaired / modified to the recall standard.

here we go again........... :whine: :whine:

We all know who you are talking about and I feel your fight is with him and not here for everyone to be a part of..No one knows the deal that was between the 2 of you and after all the negative feed back you are giving to said "vendor" why should he help you. Best thing to do is lick your wounds and drop this 2 year old topic...you haven't gotten any where with it yet, and I don't think you are going to go any where with it now.

Any vendor has his fair share of F-ups..And from what I have read on this site, he has tried to help you, more then once. He did his part and Jamie are doing your part of doing nothing but crying...

I have dealt with just about every vendor on this site, and yes some of the things I bought didn't do what I thought...I didn't go back to them and ask for a refund or any thing, my sled and my expectations are different then any one elses and how is the vendor supposed to know what you are looking for or trying to do with his product...these vendors deal with hundreds of calls a day and hundreds of different set ups to help people with..most from people that shouldn't even be opening the hood on there sleds let alone boosting them..

We all know you are talking about Teds header, and I have personally seen a sled running his header, for more then one season. It isn't as fast as some of the more Race tuned set ups, like mine with a 4 tube header but it runs good for a turbo sled. Beats up on most on the lake and the guy trail rides the snot out of the sled. Never cracked yet either. That is what Ted was gunning for with his header. At least that is what I understood from his posts and claims.

My CPR header cracked within the 1st 300 miles of running and I looked into replacing it with teds and decided I wanted some that would produce more HP. I opted for Need4speeds design due to more HP produced from this set up and if it cracks I will have it rewelded and not blame the vendor I bought it from. Nature of the beast....

Just my 2 cents

Trying to be civil about it, the mod was not being done for me.

I was asking a simple question is it right or isn't it? And Im far from from cyring about it.

TurboJamie said:

woops..... there it goes again

Need for Speed 2 said:
Jamie you know he is full of poop and he wouldnt honour any warranty repair. He doesnt lurk around much and I think his #*$&@ will be handed to him at the Moose shoot-out. I cut mine up in peices and enjoyed every second of it. Have you bolted my header on and tryed yet.

hey Kev, I will very soon try your mid mount header you made for me a while back. :jump:

As long as this thread stays on topic I will allow it, but if it's turning bad I will not hesitate to shut the thread down and remove it.

rxrider
TY Management

bLNqz.gif

Let me get this straight...you're asking if a customer wanted a product installed by you from a vendor that you purchased a product from with a understanding that it was going to provide "X" and it did not...Later the vendor updated the product to meet "X" and it did? And you want the vendor to compensate you for your time to satisfy you customer???
I think this is the question you are asking…

I have several questions for you:
1) Did you make the suggestion to buy this product?
2) How did you make your decision to recommend this product?
3) If the customer wanted this product?
4) Did you mark up this product?

I think that if you made the suggestion you eat the labor.
I think that if you heard about the product here and recommended it to the customer…You eat the labor.
If the customer asked for the product specifically and asked for you to install it… they get charged for the labor.
I also think that you should take it up with your supplier of the item if you made the recommendation and see if the supplier will credit you for some of your time on future purchases…I would think that would be fair.

I also understand that this seems to be a long drawn out thing that you are obsessed with getting someone on your side to make you fell better? Do you think that after 2 years that you are going to get a check in the mail for your time because some one on TY4stoke says you should?
Let it go and don’t ever use the supplier again.
Let everyone know about the customer support and maybe other installers such as your self will not use this manufacture either.
Buy from his competition and move on…

Just my two cents worth
That and 48 cents might get you a cup of coffee.

Back