• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick adjuster ring for rear monoshock

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
At one time someone was making a different adjusting lock ring for the rear monoshocks which replaced the 2 narrow rings that come with the stock shock. These 2 rings are knuckle busters. All I remember is that it was 1 ring & a lot wider & you could adjust it by hand. This made it a lot easier to adjust. Anyone that has been riding for the past 30 years might remember these.

I think you may be talking about the adjustment rings from Pioneer performance. Bruce Schrader was the force behind that business. I believe he retired a few years back, 2015. I am not sure if the performance part of that dealership continued without him.
Those adjusters where great, I wish you could get something like them for todays shocks.

If you have the shock body diameter and thread pitch you can just look for an adjustment nut that has a pinch bolt or other locking mechanism. There must be some commonality that would allow you to use any adjustment nut that fits.

I think you may be talking about the adjustment rings from Pioneer performance. Bruce Schrader was the force behind that business. I believe he retired a few years back, 2015. I am not sure if the performance part of that dealership continued without him.
Those adjusters where great, I wish you could get something like them for todays shocks.
You are exacltly right, Bruce was the guy that sold that adjustment ring. I am going to call & see if anyone took over his bussiness. Thank's for remembering his name. I can tell that you have been snowmobiling for a long time to remember this.

I can tell that you have been snowmobiling for a long time to remember this
Or I am just getting old.
I had a set of the adjusters for my 2005 Rx-1
I would LOVE a set for the new FOX shocks. Front shock spring preload is an overlooked but valuable adjustment that if it can be easily adjusted can be useful with changing conditions through out the day as the trails change.
Spanner wrench's SUCK
Keep us posted on your findings.

At one time someone was making a different adjusting lock ring for the rear monoshocks which replaced the 2 narrow rings that come with the stock shock. These 2 rings are knuckle busters. All I remember is that it was 1 ring & a lot wider & you could adjust it by hand. This made it a lot easier to adjust. Anyone that has been riding for the past 30 years might remember these.

I'm assuming you must have a 2012+ mono shock if you have spanner nuts for preload.

I'm assuming you must have a 2012+ mono shock if you have spanner nuts for preload.
Shouldn't be too hard to find out what the thread diameter & pitch is for that Soqi shock. I may be interested in one as well for our 2012 Vector, if someone comes up with something.

Back