• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick question

sl0wp0ke

I just bought a motor for my big bear from a fellow. He said the motor worked great. I got the motor swapped in and the timing chain is very loose so I did not drive it. However The bike does not want to find neutral. When I shift into what I think would be neutral and start it the reverse light comes on. Any suggestions? the only wiring I had off is the headlights, and the wiring needed to pull motor. The next issue is that I can push the bike with ease regardless what gear it is in. Do you think this is due to low compression?? Could it be anything else? The motor has 90psi compression
Derek

what year atv are we talking about?

sounds like the clutch needs to be adjusted. they use a centrifugal clutch that needs some adjustment when things get worn.

i would replace the timing chain tensioner 1st. if it still stays loose, then you need to do a timing chain and guides as the chain is streched to its limit.

unplug the neutral and reverse light switches. you will need to pull start the atv to see if the problem goes away. if it stays , it is a wiring harness issue. if it goes away, one of the switches is bad most likely.

sry left my clymers manual for mine out at camp so i cannot get you any resistance values for anything atm.

Back