• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick question

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2021 Arctic Cat 8000

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Never seen it myself.. But never used a set past 12K. I suppose bad steel could fade?
How many miles on them?
Typically its the rear shock and or center shock IMO

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
Never seen it myself.. But never used a set past 12K. I suppose bad steel could fade?
How many miles on them?
Typically its the rear shock and or center shock IMO
15K on the sled. The shock is brand new this year. Just doesn't seem to have the rebound it used to. I suppose it could be the shock, or just my imagination.

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2021 Arctic Cat 8000

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
15K on the sled. The shock is brand new this year. Just doesn't seem to have the rebound it used to. I suppose it could be the shock, or just my imagination.
Brand new shocks are not always "brand new" Not saying this is the case.. But some shocks may site for a long time on shelfs and or the shock had a bad seal from new? Possibility's. O shock rebuild is cheaper then a set of torsions? Im not saying it is either but I would start with a refresh, thats just me

Sledroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX LE
2017 SW LTX LE
Brand new shocks are not always "brand new" Not saying this is the case.. But some shocks may site for a long time on shelfs and or the shock had a bad seal from new? Possibility's. O shock rebuild is cheaper then a set of torsions? Im not saying it is either but I would start with a refresh, thats just me
I twice thought it was my springs and turned out the nitrogen had leaked out !
I agree , get the shocks done and then look at the springs .
The springs should be ok or rebendable , unless you have been riding a lot with discharged shocks .

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
get the shocks serviced 1st before considering replacing torsion springs. i have 17000 mi on a set of torsion springs. rides like crap when shocks loose their nitrogen around the 3500 mi mark. i get them re done every couple of seasons as i usually average about 2000 mi a season.

Racy2

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder SRX LE
I had to get my 2022 SRX rear shock rebuilt after just a couple months. There was very little rebound left in it. Made a huge difference for me.