• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quiet ride helmets?

Never heard of this helmet before, I use a Arai RX7 rr with a Foggy breath guard woks great for me.

are they for snowmobiling? i see they are more for motorcycles. I would think you would also need a heated shield to go with it but otherwise an interesting idea

Never had an issue yet stock shield. Plus I don't trust any of those Dot helmets or that flip up junk. Although expensive I only have 1 brain and plan to protect it as best as possible.

Yes they are for sleds also. http://www.quietridehelmets.com/
I had not heard of them before either until I did a search on the web.

I wear a motocross style helmet with goggles, I like the set up but do get a fair amount of wind/sled noise on longer high speed rides. 37 years of working in a noisy shop has lowered my tolerance to prolonged loud noises. Sometimes I'll wear plugs, but they can be kind of a hassle at times, anyway when I did the search and it came up with these helmets it sounded like an interesting idea!

Bill

They look like an awesome idea. I hate wearing earplugs to ride but I can't stand the wind noise without them.
But that MX helmet looks a little off to me. The face guard looks way to low like it's not properly guarding his face in the videos. My 509 comes up way higher on my nose. I would hate to depend on my balaclava to block the wind that could be deflected. It's almost like the helmet is way too big on him.:dunno:

any idea how much they are and do they offer a heated shield? would like to have something quieter. buddy of mine bought a BVS2 and it's the biggest waste of money ever. nothing like changing out those stupid liners (teased him the whole trip that he should buy panty liners would be cheaper then the doo ones) on the trail every hour or when they get all soaking wet. plus the dial on the front freezes up. JMO but what an over priced piece of junk, plus you have to pay $200 more for the heated shield.

Not sure about the heated shield.
It does appear to be more open in relation to the face guard. In this case it may work in my favor though as I like to wear a face guard on my goggles to keep my nose warmer.

In doing some my searching, it looks like you can buy just the hearing muff kit and add it to your helmet. However this would require modifying the padding inside your existing helmet, while the helmets themselves already have the padding shaped to accept the hearing muff set up.

just sent them an email to see if an electric shield is available, totally useless without one but i do like the concept

Never had an issue yet stock shield. Plus I don't trust any of those Dot helmets or that flip up junk. Although expensive I only have 1 brain and plan to protect it as best as possible.

Snell vs DOT is a hotly debated topic on bike forums, but for the most part, DOT is actually probably better for snowmobiling than snell! Chances are in a snowmobile accident you will have a single impact with a tree or another rider. Snell is more for what a motorcycle rider would experience with your head bouncing across the pavement.

FYI for those wondering

owner emailed me back and they will have an electric shield available this fall

Those do look like cool helmets. I would be more interested in the motorcycle helmet since my bike is much louder than my Warrior. LOL

Well I just pulled the trigger on a Motocross helmet. I really like the idea of noise reduction with out having to wear ear plugs.
I can see where it would come in handy to simply deflate the ear muffs when you pull up to another group of sledders to talk, instead of having to take off my helmet and pull an ear plug. Or even adjust them on the fly if I need to listen for a noise in the sled.

Bill

Hope you like it. You'll have to let us know how you like it.

It just showed up today. Seems to be well made and fits nice. I opted for the carbon fiber model and it feels nice and light.
I haven't had to chance to ride with it yet, but testing it around noisy machines (air compressor, etc.) its definitely quieter then my other helmet even with the ear muffs deflated!
The quick strap is a nice touch and the ear muffs retract in to the helmet so its easy to slide on/off my head.

It comes with speakers in the muffs. When I tested it with my I pod while standing next to the running air compressor, I could hear the music clearly with out having to turn the volume up to loud.

It only takes 4 or 5 pumps on the bulb to inflate the bladders and it is very easy to regulate the pressure to a comfortable level. It does feel like it is going to be a fairly warm helmet and I tend to sweat a lot so it may be a bit warm for me on warm spring day rides. The good news is I probably wont need to wear a balaclava as often! Overall so far I'm impressed and it is a very clever design!

Unfortunately because we pretty much have no snow here, so I might have to wait until next season to test it out in the mountains.

Bill

Last edited:

Back