• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Radar Runs and melting Hyfax!

olivia317

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 FX Nytro XTX SC
My son and I are starting to do some radar runs with our RX1 since there is no snow in Minnesota. We ran last weekend and promptly destroyed a slightly used set of slides in four runs. We are running on ice, no snow. What's the secret? Not changing slides after every weekend. Help.

My son and I are starting to do some radar runs with our RX1 since there is no snow in Minnesota. We ran last weekend and promptly destroyed a slightly used set of slides in four runs. We are running on ice, no snow. What's the secret? Not changing slides after every weekend. Help.
More wheels.
Also, don't worry if the slides wear right down.
They're ok, unless there are holes right through

yup, dish soap does help lube the slides as does oversize idler wheels. usually soap the clips at the beginning of the season for low snow conditions.

guy i know that vintage oval raced had a 2nd fuel pump set up to a tank of soapy water that pumped it down onto the clips in front of his sliders through a brass pipe with holes in it. only sleds that gave him fits was the yamaha 292 race sleds on the straights as his 340 single was better in the corners and he was hitting 80+ mph on the straights.

Antifreeze sprayed on hyfax with a small pump.

When I used to run grass, one of the first things I would do is take a wood planer and shave the sliders down to thin as possible. Rules stated they had to be there. I would also add wheels. Be careful adding wheels, always consider what could hit them with the suspension fully collapsed. I also prefer to use the same size idlers if possible, not those wee little ones.

What slides you running? I find the slippery ones from Wahl brothers racing to perform way BETTER then stockers.. 50 Bucks a side so 100 total for a set.. I run them on my trail sleds. Just a thought

Back