• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Radiator and Fan Kit...updates and reduced price coming fall of 21

Update....ambient air temp 16 this morning. rode sled around til everything good and hot. Parked sled and left it idle. Was 168 when I started. With this larger rad and fan it took 21 minutes until the temp light came on at 212. I'm very pleased with these results and I feel it warrants proceeding with the product at this point. Plan to do some trail testing this week.

Thats great news Travis! Keep us updated!

I plan to cost out the kit within the next month and then will post up pricing to see how much interest there is.

Wonder if Mo Flow makes a vent kit for cowl of SW to let more air in the rad. If approached they can easily make one up.
I used their dash kit on my Nytro. At idle you can feel the air being sucked in by the rad fan through the vent. My idle time is insanely long now because of it. Great product.
MS

Just wanted to update those following the thread. Got all the mounting brackets drawn up and off to fabricator. Working on sourcing the hoses. I think I have some off the shelf hoses that will work so no need to special order custom molded hoses. I will post some more pics once I get the production version of the kit assembled.

Here are some updated photos of what I'm proposing for final kit. I will likely build these kits on an as needed basis. Retail will be $650.

Units I sell would be professionally welded by my father. I do all my prototype welding...not as pretty as my Dad's welds!

Front mounts are rubber issolators that bolt in place.

Rear mount is a strut that clamps to round cross tube and gets held in place with hose clamps.

Hose splice above fill cap is highest point in the loop. System bleeds easy. Fill it until the rad cap neck is full. Then put cap on and top of coolant through the plug in the splice. Plug also has a bleeder screw in for easy bleeding of air after sled is run.

The fan moves approximately 650 CFM of air, which will yield approximately 21 minutes of idle time with 16 F ambient air temp. Colder temps will yield longer idle times and warmer temps less. The 21 minutes was measured after sled was operated and parked with coolant temp at 168.

IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG

Here are some updated photos of what I'm proposing for final kit. I will likely build these kits on an as needed basis. Retail will be $650.

Units I sell would be professionally welded by my father. I do all my prototype welding...not as pretty as my Dad's welds!

Front mounts are rubber issolators that bolt in place.

Rear mount is a strut that clamps to round cross tube and gets held in place with hose clamps.

Hose splice above fill cap is highest point in the loop. System bleeds easy. Fill it until the rad cap neck is full. Then put cap on and top of coolant through the plug in the splice. Plug also has a bleeder screw in for easy bleeding of air after sled is run.

The fan moves approximately 650 CFM of air, which will yield approximately 21 minutes of idle time with 16 F ambient air temp. Colder temps will yield longer idle times and warmer temps less. The 21 minutes was measured after sled was operated and parked with coolant temp at 168.

View attachment 130301 View attachment 130302 View attachment 130303 View attachment 130304 View attachment 130305
Can we get pictures of the panels on it is a great idea but us off trail guys will have the underhood packed with snow by the looks of it?

Can we get pictures of the panels on it is a great idea but us off trail guys will have the underhood packed with snow by the looks of it?

The cut out in the top of hood is not needed. I'm just experimenting.

IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg

Been holding off on releasing this product as I wanted to get some more testing on hardpack icey conditions. Got another 1000 miles on the test set up this season and its working very well. Got some crusty snow here finally so last evening I took the kids around the fields at 10 mph for around 15-20 minutes. Snow was crusty ice with no dust. I also have no studs in my track. I flipped fan on around 165 and til i got back to shop the overheat light just came on. I plan to duplicate the same loop tonight with no fan and see how far I make it.

I have since upgraded to a hose splice with a larger plug/bolt so topping off coolant will be easier. Been getting more inquiries about this and may just make a larger run of them vs building one as needed. Thinking I can get the kit down to around $500. Ice scratchers work well, but finding more people would rather not have to mess with scratchers.

One thing I should note is that the intercooler guard I make is required and included with the kit. The guard allows the intercooler to be tilted front to make room for the radiator.

IMG_1636.jpg

Looking good Travis!! Put me down for 2 kits when available. I would hate to sell my sleds and go back to a viper because it’s undercooled from factory and can’t ride it half the time without heat saturating and cutting out and backfiring. So far these sleds have f’ed up 2 vacations this year due to overheating issues from warmer temps/heavy snow or hardpack conditions after a day of rain. At least the vipers would go all day in any condition and not shut down on me. Too bad they are turds.

Here is a photo of the complete kit. My intercooler guard is part of the complete kit for $500. I'm also attaching my first revision of installation instructions for those that want to see the logic to installing. These may change as I have my first 2 kits shipping to customers who are going to give me feedback on the install in case there is something I overlooked.

IMG_1737.jpg

Attachments

• Sidewinder Radiator Installation Instructions R0.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 387

Back