• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rail cap

msgt van

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Apex LTX
Is the black cap that's on the front of the suspension rail supposed to be loose/flop around? It is held on by rivet, but it seems strange that it's able to move around.

There is a write up on this issue in the TY Tech or FAQ's.
I removed my caps and filled them with windshield urethane and installed new rivets with washers. No more rattle.

When new they are snug. Over time they loosen up. Also have seen quite a few rails with wear from the cap rattling around. The rivet holes loosen up so i often grind some flat spots on oversized washers to fit them in pocket and re-rivet.

had a bud lose one and stab his track. track came out at 80 on a lake no brakes good thing it was open space in front of him just coasted to a stop. after that I drilled them out on all our sleds and through bolted with ny-loc nuts. no more issue after that.

Anytime any have loosened up, I take them off, lay a good thick bead of ultra black silicone on the rail end, and bolt them back on with a nyloc.

Back