• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Railroading

Todd Beenen

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 T-Cat
Any rail fans here? I used to ride along with my Dad when he was an engineer for the csx, he worked there for 45 years.

Attachments

• 62D95C7E-CB20-4B35-B79D-90D6F562BFD2.jpeg
    62D95C7E-CB20-4B35-B79D-90D6F562BFD2.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 6AE62F55-18C6-4A46-AF90-E57E19354C71.jpeg
    6AE62F55-18C6-4A46-AF90-E57E19354C71.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

moved to lounge.

2 of my grand fathers worked for cp rail as did my grand mothers dad. there is a pic of her playing on the old coal piles when she was a kid.

moved to lounge.

2 of my grand fathers worked for cp rail as did my grand mothers dad. there is a pic of her playing on the old coal piles when she was a kid.
Cool, my grand father worked for Pere Marquette railroad on a coal engine, my dad has a picture of him in the same engine that’s on display out in grand haven Michigan.

One thing I have never done is ride along with an Engineer on a train. I think it would be a blast.

One thing I have never done is ride along with an Engineer on a train. I think it would be a blast.
It’s a real blast, Towards the end of my dads career he had a run between Grand Rapids mi. And Ludington, we were coming back from Ludington and the tracks run alongside HWY 10 heading east , a
lol of a sudden there were about a couple dozen turkeys that started running right down the tracks in front of us, dad says watch this, lays on the horns , literally blew the turkeys right off the ground and every one of them had #*$&@ stream coming out of them, just one of many stories.my dad And his 2 brothers were all engineers, when they would get together and tell the rail stories I could listen to those forever. I also have a picture of him with gene Hackman & al Pacino next to the locomotive, they filmed part of the movie the scarecrow up through the orchards up in casnovia, my dad was the engineer on the train they filmed them in

It’s a real blast, Towards the end of my dads career he had a run between Grand Rapids mi. And Ludington, we were coming back from Ludington and the tracks run alongside HWY 10 heading east , a
lol of a sudden there were about a couple dozen turkeys that started running right down the tracks in front of us, dad says watch this, lays on the horns , literally blew the turkeys right off the ground and every one of them had #*$&@ stream coming out of them, just one of many stories.my dad And his 2 brothers were all engineers, when they would get together and tell the rail stories I could listen to those forever. I also have a picture of him with gene Hackman & al Pacino next to the locomotive, they filmed part of the movie the scarecrow up through the orchards up in casnovia, my dad was the engineer on the train they filmed them in
Cool.

Back