• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rails cracked with bigger wheels

jonnytro

Extreme
i bought the excel 6 wheel kit i was wondering if the rials will crack. an if u have this kit plz let me no how it is

I bought a set two weeks ago, put them in and have notice that the sled rolls easier. I rode on Friday 20 miles and Sunday 40 miles never smelled the slides burning off. I put it in the heated garage did not see any rail crack issues. I have an XTX so i got the 8 wheel kit. There using the stock yamaha mounts and holes so i don't for see an issue.

some people r say that with the bigger wheels ur going to crack a rail but i don't c it being any different from stock like u said if there going to crack there going to crack

i would like to here from people how many mils they have on them. i no i am going to like them. going up this weekend cant wait to try them out

Rails crack... doubtful the 3.25 mm from center to edge would cause enough added stress to crack the rails. My take and most others will agree... if you hit something with the stock idlers just right you will crack the rails just the same as you would with the larger idlers. This will probably be one of the better upgrades you do. Sled will roll better, minimal hyfax wear, more speed... I wish ulmer had the kit when I was engineering my own. I ended up using skidoo two hole mounts and polaris idlers... 1100miles later on two machines... A+

Bullsh..!

Why would Excell performance after over a year of testing sell a product that will cause damage instead of preventing damage :o| Who told you the larger wheels will cause cracking in the rails and why? :die

wheels

Got 5033 miles on my 09 fx with bomb.135mm wheels with no problems.Hyfax wear almost doesn't exist.May switch to excel wheels in a couple of weeks just because they look better. :Rockon:

kevin from portwashington said that the rails will crack with the bigger wheels because it will put more stress on the rails but what i didnt understand is that hyfax will ware no matter what to the wheels so it only makes sense to put bigger wheels on.

Well he is wrong... if they crack chances are you hit something that would have cracked them with normal idlers.

Rayman5271 said:
Well he is wrong... if they crack chances are you hit something that would have cracked them with normal idlers.

i agree with u but i wanted to now what every1 els thought

another thing i dont unerstand is y doesnt yamaha do this in the first place

Back