• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ram air + cr10ek + pc III + ignition module + hauck pipes

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
i alreadty have the ram air and cr10ek plugs, but in the off season i wanna put on the git r done pipes from hauck and the pc III and ign. module. is this a good idea?? any better setups?

With the mods I've done to my sled, I dont' think I've seen a night and day difference, but to me, the pipes sound cool, and I think it made it more fun to ride. For the money, it's not going to win you a ton of races, but it's all bout what you want to achieve. If you just want it to sound cool, which in my opinion is the only thing that may be justifiable, just do the pipes and that's it! I gutted my airbox, added a clutch kit, and now I'm chasing a lean condition that will require another couple hundred bucks to fix! J/M .02

I will tell you my story and you can take it from there___ in the spring of 06 I snow checked an 07 RTX er with Pat Hauck (quite the salesman) I told him I wanted a 1" track with 144 studs, a good clutch set up, his pipe, a fuel excellerator, K & N's, 3 degree advanced timing, he than talked me into his speed sheave and an autostart.
In october of 06 I drove from North East North Dakota to Rice Lake Wisconsin (15 hours round trip, booken it) I waited for snow and began to ride. In the mean time I found this site and found out I should have just left well enough alone, Why?
My sled was loud way to friggen loud (up Front K & N's) the pipe sounded awsome but over all the sled was way off of what I expected, every once in a while It would decide not to run right, it would spit and sputter and run like crap,.
When the season ended I had 575 miles on it and was not a Happy Camper. Tried to talk with Pat now and then and all he could say was "bring it back down and I will ride it".
<<fast forward>>
Last summer I made a phone call to Allan Ulmer and we made arrangements to get my sled to South Dakota, I sent with Him My goals and what I wanted to achieve and left the rest up to him.
I wanted:
-top end
-my airbox back
-a fuel controller that worked
-kept my pipe
-smoked medium windshield
-and all suspension and every nut and bolt checked over
Now let me say, He is the best at what he does and he is a top notch buisiness man on top of everything else THE BEST hands down.
My 07 RTX is like in his words "Bang on" it has:
-stage three clutching (23 top gear and 70 link chain)
-fuel controller
-his air box mod ( way quieter)
-hauck pipe (sounds unreal)
and this sled just flat out hauls A$$ on a hard groomed trail I have been up against everything from a very fast modded F7 (brothers) a new 800 R Skidoo and held my own real well.
now this all cost me time and money and the lesson has been well learned but I am 42 years old and have been riding since 1974 and I can not even ride another sled and have fun, I dont even care if I am the fastest sled I just know I love the way mine is set up it is once again Bang on.
Oh and by the way if you own a 4 stroke sled you need to puchase a ProHonda Optimate battery charger and just leave it hooked up when not riding it, you will never foul a plug or have a starting issue.

Thanks again to this web site and The Ulmers, I am a Happy Camper!!!!

yeah man...i have the rumble pack and ram air and it sounds awesome...i mean AWESOME....i turn heads everywhere whether it be idiling through town or cracking the throttle......but i dont notice a very big performance difference....but for 450 bucks for everything the sound was worth

olcountry said:
I will tell you my story and you can take it from there___ in the spring of 06 I snow checked an 07 RTX er with Pat Hauck (quite the salesman) I told him I wanted a 1" track with 144 studs, a good clutch set up, his pipe, a fuel excellerator, K & N's, 3 degree advanced timing, he than talked me into his speed sheave and an autostart.
In october of 06 I drove from North East North Dakota to Rice Lake Wisconsin (15 hours round trip, booken it) I waited for snow and began to ride. In the mean time I found this site and found out I should have just left well enough alone, Why?
My sled was loud way to friggen loud (up Front K & N's) the pipe sounded awsome but over all the sled was way off of what I expected, every once in a while It would decide not to run right, it would spit and sputter and run like crap,.
When the season ended I had 575 miles on it and was not a Happy Camper. Tried to talk with Pat now and then and all he could say was "bring it back down and I will ride it".
<<fast forward>>
Last summer I made a phone call to Allan Ulmer and we made arrangements to get my sled to South Dakota, I sent with Him My goals and what I wanted to achieve and left the rest up to him.
I wanted:
-top end
-my airbox back
-kept my pipe
Now let me say, He is the best at what he does and he is a top notch buisiness man on top of everything else THE BEST hands down.
-fuel controller
and this sled just flat out hauls A$$ on a hard groomed trail I have been up against everything from a very fast modded F7 (brothers) a new 800 R Skidoo and held my own real well.
now this all cost me time and money and the lesson has been well learned but I am 42 years old and have been riding since 1974 and I can not even ride another sled and have fun, I dont even care if I am the fastest sled I just know I love the way mine is set up it is once again Bang on.
Oh and by the way if you own a 4 stroke sled you need to puchase a ProHonda Optimate battery charger and just leave it hooked up when not riding it, you will never foul a plug or have a starting issue.

This is by far the best post I have seen on TY on months. ;)!

87gtNOS said:
olcountry said:
<<fast forward>>
I wanted:
-top end
-my airbox back
-kept my pipe
-fuel controller

This is by far the best post I have seen on TY on months. ;)!
I appreciate that, its a true story straight from the heart!

Olcountry ............... Very good wright up ;)!

olcountry said:
<<fast forward>>
I wanted:
-top end
-my airbox back
-kept my pipe
-fuel controller

Allen is top notch, he has always answered my sometimes "dumb" PM's and is great to work with. He has SKILL!

Back