• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ram Rebel

allyammies

VIP Member
Anyone have one that they tow with? I have a 27ft rnr going to look at one on Friday. I have a chevy 2500 hd crew now.

Should be no problem with a Rebel. I have a 2015 1500 Ram Bighorn crew cab with 5'7" box Ecodiesel and pull my 25' 7000# boat with no problem. Also pulled NOS-PRO's 24' car hauler trailer this summer with both sleds and all our gear for racing without any trouble. His trailer weighs 4000# empty. Go for it. FYI your mileage with the Hemi when towing will be between 8-10mpg. My 2013 was a Hemi.

If your looking at Rams the air ride is worth every penny IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup but when they get a couple of years on them, the compressors freeze up. have customers at work that this happened to and it started bottoming out with groceries in the rear. was not happy.

Shagman, hemi vs the ecodiesel which have you liked better and why? Any problem with cold starts in the diesel? What kind of mpg towing and not? All my research says ecodiesel tows better and you can offset some of the cost with the improved mpgs; but my mechanic friends all say ford 5.0 is best combo of towing power and low cost of ownership over 150k+ miles.

yup but when they get a couple of years on them, the compressors freeze up. have customers at work that this happened to and it started bottoming out with groceries in the rear. was not happy.

Only 15000 on mine in 1.5 years of ownership, no issues other than some paint warranty and dash lights that flicker when turned all the way down. Still haven't been able to narrow that one down yet.

Should be no problem with a Rebel. I have a 2015 1500 Ram Bighorn crew cab with 5'7" box Ecodiesel and pull my 25' 7000# boat with no problem. Also pulled NOS-PRO's 24' car hauler trailer this summer with both sleds and all our gear for racing without any trouble. His trailer weighs 4000# empty. Go for it. FYI your mileage with the Hemi when towing will be between 8-10mpg. My 2013 was a Hemi.
If you really watch your speed, you might get 11, but not much more. 13 with 8 speed was better than 10 with 6 speed towing Shagmans enclosed inline.

Shagman, hemi vs the ecodiesel which have you liked better and why? Any problem with cold starts in the diesel? What kind of mpg towing and not? All my research says ecodiesel tows better and you can offset some of the cost with the improved mpgs; but my mechanic friends all say ford 5.0 is best combo of towing power and low cost of ownership over 150k+ miles.

As far as the two. The only difference is the motor. Towing spec is a touch lower on ecodiesel. That being said. I ve had it for 13 months. Over 36000 miles already. No issues. Fuel and routine maintenance. Mileage empty. 27-31 mpg depending on speed. Mileage towing 7-8000 # boat. 12-14 mpg. Mileage towing enclosed trailer with 2 sled 4-5000#'s 16-20 mpg depending on speed. The lows for speed was 70-75 mph, highs 60-63 mph. Used to fill 2 times a week with hemi and 26 gal tank and only fill once now with eco. Price difference when I purchased was $2000 on the final price on window sticker. It's common to go 500-600 miles per tank with mixed city and highway. I'm overall very happy with it. The only time I notice any difference is when you stomp on it to pass when going over 60. Not as much high horsepower as hemi for that. But I can live with that with the mileage gains and torque that it has at lower speeds. You don't even know your towing. Will see how the next year goes. Overall I would call it great as of now. Best overall package I've seen in a truck. FYI I work for a electric utility that has every brand in its fleet over 100 vehicles. And I haven't driven anything better

Only 15000 on mine in 1.5 years of ownership, no issues other than some paint warranty and dash lights that flicker when turned all the way down. Still haven't been able to narrow that one down yet.

I had that on my 2013 and it was intermittent. Never did find the cause. 2015 is fine doesn't do it.

I had that on my 2013 and it was intermittent. Never did find the cause. 2015 is fine doesn't do it.

It bugs me more than it probably should... Lol other than that I love these Rams. All my friends make fun till they actually crawl around/drive it

0e2ce76f3b659f156f4ec8f820cdff36.jpg

My buddy is master tech at Chrysler dealership. When I was looking at my new ram he said only thing to avoid like plague was the air ride. Didn't ask why just oil the warning since he's the that fixes them

Back