• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Re-enforcing exhaust system

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
Has anyone ever re-enforced there exhaust system after it has broken. Is it even possible. I have a 2018 Vector which is steel & would like to fix it. Here is a picture where it broke at.

Attachments

• exhaust.pdf
    468.5 KB · Views: 84

pic not loading

It's a PDF so must be downloaded to see but basically it is just this picture.

1684200076479.png

If you sled shocks are rough riding and bouncing you all over the place the parts on the sled will continue to break.
Just weld the pipe back together then focus on a better ride thru the bumps.

i have heard of guys adding a support to help with this issue but you might want to check the pop rivits under the fuel tank as they are known to come loose and cause that issue. had it happen on 2 rx sleds and did my 2011 a few years ago as it is around 37000 km (22000 mi) right now and it had a bunch of loose rivits when i did it.

i have heard of guys adding a support to help with this issue but you might want to check the pop rivits under the fuel tank as they are known to come loose and cause that issue. had it happen on 2 rx sleds and did my 2011 a few years ago as it is around 37000 km (22000 mi) right now and it had a bunch of loose rivits when i did it.
Thank's for that information. Would you happen to know the part no. for those pop rivets & how many.

i never kept count to be honest. i buy the large head and small head ones 100 at a time for each type. any time i am doing rivits on a snowmobile, i use them.

the size and type of rivit

i get mine at my local fastenall as they keep them in stock.

i reccomend using a harbour freight version of this tool, https://www.blindrivetsupply.com/FA...-Nut-Tool-Spin-Pull-Spin-M3--M8-_p_40912.html, as those rivets are a bear to do by hand.

Or buy something like this. This is all I have used on my sled and it works beautifully.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518-111412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518-111412_Chrome.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 43
True, but as main pointed out, Harbor Freight air riveter is priced about the same but less the effort:
AirRiveter.JPG

Ok, cool! I just saw the $1500 price on the link, wasn't aware HF had a $60 model. Yeah, go for it.
i started with the harbour freight version after doing 1 sled by hand and wore it out as i liked it so much. up graded to a mac tools one and love it.

Back