• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

re Spider removal

Bestday

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder 50th
Looking to get a tool to loosen the spider on my 2018 sidewinder-One Stop Perf. had a nice piece but they appear to be closed. I made my own holder for the secondary and I think I can come up with something to hold the primary but I would like to buy the tool to loosen the spider-anyone make one? thx

I see your from Dublin-my wife's from a farming community outside Mitchell-in fact her sister lives in Dublin-if you have the holder and loosing tool I could pick them up from you as we visit the farm frequently. let me your pricing. thx Paul

Don't really want to lend them out, but maybe you'd want to stop in sometime and I could split it for a small fee. You can check out my tools and copy them if you like.

Thx for the offer but I need to have the tools on hand. I thought you might have extras for sale. I could use a little guidance on the holder base- I see that it has 12 dowel pins-would need there size and the spacing.

Thx for the offer but I need to have the tools on hand. I thought you might have extras for sale. I could use a little guidance on the holder base- I see that it has 12 dowel pins-would need there size and the spacing.
.5 inch diameter pins
.75 center to center from one pin to the next
.375 tall
3 inches center to center across

I just measured the holes on the back side of the clutch and went from there. Drilled holes in the plate, inserted pins and welded.
Mine is made stronger than it needs to be.

The other piece is fairly straight forward, it works well as it has the fingers that push where there is good strength on the spider.

Thx for the info 74nitro- I can get to work on the base. Just need to source the spider tool as I have nothing in my metal pile that I can fab up.

The fellow that did mine could do another I'm sure, he's only 15 minutes from Mitchell.

let me know the price-I would need a large nut welded on top as I assume there is a torque spec. on reassembly-I do not have a shop manual but a friend does so I can read up on the reassembly details. thx again

Not sure when I'll be at his place again, but I will at some point. He's an older fella with no cell phone etc, I can't recall what he charged me.
If you know someone with a lathe, not real hard to make.

I do but I have to measure things up and visit him and then wait-I thought by now the after market would have a solution-

Made up my tools to hold the clutch and loosen the spider. Got all my rebuild parts in hand. Just need some reassembly advise. Torque spec on the spider? Lock tight on the treads? Any tips. Saw the OSP video to take it apart but no mention on putting it together. Thx

Back