• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ready for a mid-year release?

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
Normally I don't get everyone all hot and bothered about a mid-year release. But they do happen every once in a while.

In the sled biz, we may see a graphic option, or ski option, or like the 1.75" track option come mid year. But in the SXS market, I think Yamaha is holding that 998T engine close until they are absolutely sure it is ready for prime time.

There was a very special, not so secret meeting at the ERX race park in Elk River, MN a couple weeks ago. It was put on by Arctic Cat for only the top dealers in the nation. They allowed the dealers to hit the track in their 2017 prototypes of their new chassis with the Robby Gordon suspension etc. I was told the new chassis is magic and if it is an improvement on the current chassis it will be as the current is pretty darn good.

What does this have to do with Yamaha you ask, well that is the major point, as we all agreed, that if Arctic Cat released a 2017 with a 998t engine, then Yamaha would be having their own model as well in the YXZ.

Since Yamaha released on the 8th without it, the Wildcat fans hearts sunk. They knew they would not be seeing it in 2017 either.

At that meeting at ERX, they put up a slide but did not speak to it. It was as if they chose to leak the info, but not officially announce it to their largest dealers in the nation. It spoke of a mid-year release Wildcat with a high HP engine. They did not have the opportunity to drive this machine, but they were told the same chassis would be used.

I asked my dealer if they were disappointed that Yamaha didn't announce the 998t in the YXZ so AC could as well, and all he could do was nod his head and say, "it is coming" They expect to order their new 2017 cats in September and the high HP units in March.

This is telling me that Yamaha may just have a mid-year release as well if that is in fact the 998t engine. Why would AC use anything else unless Yamaha is keeping it to themselves.

It is coming kids.

Back