• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Real MPG info please

I rode this weekend in Presque Isle Maine with my buds. When it came to refueling I always was the one putting the least amount of gas in it. At 80 miles:
The worst to the best was an 05 900 fusion put in 8.7 gals (9.19 mpg)
04 Rev H.O. 800 8.4 gals (9.5 mpg), 08 Xp 800r put in 7.3 gals (10.9 mpg), an 07 polaris 750 turbo put in 6.3 gals (12.6 mpg)and my Fx Nytro put in 4.93 gals (16.3 mpg) and I was in the lead most of the day on groomed to rough mealy trails with speeds exceeding 90 mph. So for having a larger tank? I think it would be a wash due to the other sleds I ride with will be out of gas before me anyway and I didn't have to run 91 octane or add oil LOL. This sled rocks!!!! :yam:

Great feedback guys. Still on the fence. I like everything about it except the lack of confidence in it's range. To be even talking about when your sled runs out of fuel is a damn shame. Hope someone from Yami sees a large thread of concerns. :o|

bagadonitz said:
To speak to usable gallons, I have put 27.5 Liters in mine at the pump. This equates to 7.28 gallons. The sled had not shut off either.

I've also put in just under 28 litres. I've never ran out.

I have indeed put on 115 miles on a tank. However I was riding smooth. Still going quick just not Goosing it every corner.

This was perfect conditions in Quebec. -10 -15 C. On perfectly groomed highway trails.

scottydog1 said:
I rode this weekend in Presque Isle Maine with my buds. When it came to refueling I always was the one putting the least amount of gas in it. At 80 miles:
The worst to the best was an 05 900 fusion put in 8.7 gals (9.19 mpg)
04 Rev H.O. 800 8.4 gals (9.5 mpg), 08 Xp 800r put in 7.3 gals (10.9 mpg), an 07 polaris 750 turbo put in 6.3 gals (12.6 mpg)and my Fx Nytro put in 4.93 gals (16.3 mpg) and I was in the lead most of the day on groomed to rough mealy trails with speeds exceeding 90 mph. So for having a larger tank? I think it would be a wash due to the other sleds I ride with will be out of gas before me anyway and I didn't have to run 91 octane or add oil LOL. This sled rocks!!!! :yam:

Agree'd it all depends on who you ride with. If you ride with etec's your in trouble. If its 800 PT's or anything Cat makes or even the pol 750t. You will be the last to run out.

I have 3200 miles on my sled now and have kept track of my fuel mileage since day 1. Groomed trail riding at constant speeds I am good for 120-125 miles on a tank (150-160 with my fuel caddies which are 2 x 5 litres). Off trail riding and playing hard I can only get around 85-90 miles on a tank. I usually only put on the fuel caddies if I am going on longer trips. We did 140 miles this past Saturday and I dumped my extra fuel in at the halfway point, I could have easily went another 20-25 miles.

I've gotten 96 miles outta a tank but didn't run out. But As Nikolai said above, I was also sniffing fumes at 65 in the mountains WFO all the time.

My friends all ride 800's and I never run out first. I get about 15mpg and that's 300+ lbs and riding wot a lot. I get about 95 miles and need fuel.
08 RTX 1400 miles

Consistently over 100 mi range

A good friend that I ride with has the priviledge of owning an 09 FXNytro XTX and consistently gets over 100 miles before running out of gas. Steadily riding around 40-70mph. Averaging 110+- before getting really worried about the distance to the next pump if nobody has extra fuel in the group.

xtx

I ran out of gas at 85 miles on my xtx trailriding with a couple of inches fluff on top of hard pack.. I started with 335 miles on the sled, I hope it improves.

LeeKo

Re: xtx

LeeKo said:
I ran out of gas at 85 miles on my xtx trailriding with a couple of inches fluff on top of hard pack.. I started with 335 miles on the sled, I hope it improves.

LeeKo

Thats me also 13Mpg up from 12mpg :o| :o|

Most of you guys should be pleased! I know I am! I'm getting better range with my Nytro with a 3 gallon smaller tank than I did on all of my other sleds!! We made a 130 mile trip this past weekend with my 2 brothers and a bunch on other people! My brothers ride an 09 800 Dragon Switchback and an 09 800 Assault respectively!! They both used way more fuel than I ever did riding exact same conditions and the Assault for sure would have run out before I would have. In that same trip the oil light started flashing on the Assault too within that 130 miles, what the hell!! He had to add oil to make it home! According to the manu's specs those sleds have an 11.5US gallon tank versus our 7.4US gallon tank! These sleds in our group aren't the only ones terrible mileage, it's quite consistent across the Poo board. I'm not bashing brands in this thread at all I just don't get why SO many people think the range on the Nytro is so horrible compared to other sleds! Yeah if it had a 10 gallon tank you'd prolly get pretty far but we've never had anything with that kind of range in the past so what's all the fuss about! I realize the 600e-tec would have quite decent range given its fuel mileage ability but that didn't exist until this year! I understand that everybody is different and will look at things in a different light but if you really sit back and think about it, I mean.....come on!! This is not a brand loyal post either, this is my very first Yammi so it's all new to me too. Be safe and ride hard! Cheers!

Here you go, I just filled up last night. I don't check each time but I have checked it probably 5 times. I have consistently gotten 15 to 15.9 on each fill up. Last night I intentionaly ran it to where I felt uncomfortable. I had 105.9 miles on and it took 6.9 gals for 15.348 mpg. I have an 09 SE with 96 studs up the middle, I weigh 205 with gear, was riding with a 7 other sleds, some slow some fast runs, powder and packed powder conditions. I had exactly 800 miles on the sled when I filled up last night. I am riding from Madison, WI to Minocqua, WI tomorrow with 3 other guys so we'll be much faster on this run. Will let you know what I got when I get back. Hopefully around the same.
mjd

Back