• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

REAL weight of the Apex Mnt. dry and full of fluids ?

alaskanbowtie

Expert
I know what the web site says but I'm wondering the real numbers from members who have actually weighed there sled stock dry and with Fluids. Search didn't reveal these numbers, Also how much does reverse add....seems like I've read 6 lbs. is this correct?

Rode with someone that had a completely stock apex and weighed it at 609 with very little (less than 1 gallon) of gas and everything else was full.

609 with 1 gallon, doesn't seem so bad really ? Can anyone confirm what it weighs full of gas and dry ? Are the manufacturers specs close or fudged ? This may determine which way I spend th extra cash on the sled....weight or performance..... anyway if anyone can confirm I think alot of people would like to know and potential future Yamaha owners i'm sure are wondering this weight issue's....... :drink:

There is no way a stock apex weighs 609 full of fluid! More like 709lbs. My apex with fuel and all fluids weighed 600lbs and I have taken a lot of weight out of it.

ripntear said:
There is no way a stock apex weighs 609 full of fluid! More like 709lbs. My apex with fuel and all fluids weighed 600lbs and I have taken a lot of weight out of it.
>>>
So what fluids did you have in yours and what mods did you do to loose the weight, how much total weight did you loose plus add with turbo etc.. THX for the info !

When all was said and done I took just shy of 80lbs. off the sled. Sled was hung from scale also, stock Apex was over 700lbs read to ride.

would you suggest taking off 35 lbs or getting 8 more H.P. and using the big rear wheels, 2 in center, to get more h.p. to the ground easier ? I have 1300.00 to spend "after" do the clutching, big rear spring and reverse.

Back