• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

REAL weight of the Apex Mnt. dry and full of fluids ?

Gas weighs 6.3 lbs per gallon. Yamaha tanks hold 10 gal. so figure 63lbs. One of the sled magazines weighed the apex mtn at 689 lbs. Reverse adds 6-9 lbs , depends on who's weighing I guess. My rx1mtn with reverse , full up on everything weighed 715 on a certified scale, Ken.

Ya I was thinking it was 6lbs a gallon. Its not an apex but when got my RX1 back in 03 I weighed it full of all fluids including gas and a spare belt ,no reverse and it weighed 697lbs.

givemeaboost said:
Gas weighs 6.3 lbs per gallon. Yamaha tanks hold 10 gal. so figure 63lbs. One of the sled magazines weighed the apex mtn at 689 lbs. Reverse adds 6-9 lbs , depends on who's weighing I guess. My rx1mtn with reverse , full up on everything weighed 715 on a certified scale, Ken.
>>>>
THX appreciate the hard number to go by, man you guys have spent some SERIOUS coin to get the weight down to 630 wet with a turbo....DAMN, I'm afraid I'd have to sell a child to invest that much in a toy.....LOL. WHICH will I notice more.... 8 h.p. or 30 lbs weight loss ? It will be clutched and dropped a gear on top . I would think the H.p. would help more than the weight ?

Ok got the new digital scale today, weighed the apex full of fuel ready to ride and that is ten gal of fuel in the apex when I weighed it.

I spent about 2500 on light weight items for my sled, TJ's seat and exhaust combo, and took of headlight, lug tray, sway bar, boogie wheels, couple misc items, and my total weight came in at 660lbs.

Each gal of gas weighed in at 6lbs as some here have stated, and I really didn't get a chance to weigh the sled full of fluid at stock, so I really cant say what mine weighed in at stock.

I have heard that 690 is a good number, so 30lbs is an idea of what I have lost.

Now when I ride I only put in five gal in the tank, and carry in five gal, and ditch that five gal when I get to my riding area, if we change riding areas, then I put the fuel back on and do this every time I go out.

So if five gal comes in at 30lbs then when I ride and the five gal I carried in is stashed in the trees I weigh in at 630lbs and less as my fuel gets used up.

Now I spent about 2500 to 3000 grand to get this weight, well I had a roll over and claimed it on my insurance and got 3200 from rolling my sled, so I used that money to get it all done, none out of my pocket.

Now does it make a difference, I say yes, but not major, but when I am stuck the rear end is lighter, and easier to lift and get out of a stuck, very worth it, but I say its stupid to go any lighter IMO as I will be doing turbo sidemount boondocker that will make up the difference for the extra power I want.
The sled does really good, but its just that little extra I am looking for, as when I get to the top of the hill on really steep, and deep, I seem to always need to turn out.

I do have the 9inch freedom axle in the rear with only two wheel set up inside the rails.

I believe this is going to be a great sled with the turbo on, as I am progressing allot with my experience.

I hope this is useful info for ya all, and sorry if to long.

I snow checked another apex for next year, and will do detailed weights on it before fluids and ready to ride weight.
And will keep ya all posted, I payed 340 dollars for the digital scale, and it has answered tons of questions, if anyone needs info on any weight issues, and need me to test anything let me know.

can you list what you did to yours for light weight parts

How about some pics to show how it looks with the Tj's combo and other wheel changes etc. , also can you list exactly what you did to loose the weight and just to clarify it's 7 lbs a gallon. Which means if yours weighs 660 full of all fluids then you are around 560 dry which means you lost a LOAD of weight....I call Bullshit.... "BUT" , if you can produce some pictures then I'll apologize. Others have said, the Apex is 700lbs + full and reverse . I hope your honest , it would be a helpful post with a list of what you removed and added lightened, for alot of us building one this summer. Hope to see those pics ! :drink:

I have pics on here already, its in the "lets see everyone apex" thread, don't know what page.

On the fuel, on the scale while the sled was hanging on it, I put just a gal of fuel on sled, and the scale showed 6 lbs, I can take a lower scale to work tomorrow and weigh just a gal on a different scale, I hope its 7lbs, as that will make me feel better on the amount of money that was spent to get it where its at.
But in your post, how do you come up with my sled at 560 dry, if you take 660 - 70 lbs as the apex has a 10 gal tank, you only have 590 dry, minus oil and antifreeze, in which oil and antifreeze is how much weight, I never weighed that, does anyone know of the weight of antifreeze and oil?

I saw pics posted of a stock apex, I am sure it was on snowest, fully loaded ready to ride at 690, and their was pics of it.

If anyone would like, I can post pics of the apex in the air, but a video would be better, showing it in motion, but I don't know how to do video on here or even download it.

I have no reason to lie but I know how ya feel, I weighed the apex with a half tank of fuel on a county scale and it was 620, that's about 5 gal in the tank.

all off is front to back
1. sway bar assm.
2. headlight, brkt,
3. one piece hood from alpine, replaces all plastic on hood, cowl, panel under gas filler cap still on.
4. foam in and around engine area, soaks up water, taken out.
5. Tj's seat and muffler set. told savings of 28lbs.
6. outside boggy wheels gone, front inner still on.
7. Ice scratcher's on.
8. rear axle three wheel set up stock, replaced with two 9 inch inner freedom axle set up, (two wheels inside of rails).
9. blaze billet wheels off drop brks.
10. rear tunnel brkt cut to keep challenger extreme track of 2.5 from hitting it, went from maverick to extreme.
11. luggage tray off.
12. installed a brake light off of a tailgate of a Honda car.
13. and a little joke for ya, the warning stickers too.

Any one that would like to see anymore pics let me know.

Hope this helps.

I stand corrected, my apologeeze ! Your sled is nice I went to the other thread to look at it. How many miles you have on the billet rear wheels and how do you like them in comparison to the stock set up ? How tough are they, will they withstand a beating without breaking ? How about the Tj's set , how's the seat, I have considered them but don't want a bob tail seat would rather have one like the Mnt. Mod seat with rear room for extra passengers (kids...LOL) I'm going to see what Excell has to offer in there new lite weight exhaust before comitting to the Tj package. I am how ever going to run the 2 inner rear idlers like you have in the red anodized, was planning on 8" , is there any benefit going to 9" ? I've also considered the Fabcraft composite wheels for rear and upper idlers........ some many choices and such a LONG summer.....LOL. How much weight did the hood loose and how much do they cost / Do they come in colors ? THX for the list of things , helps people see what they can buy and how it benefits them, me especially....LOL. Nice sled and as I said my apologeeze ! :drink:

I have about 250 miles on the wheels lifetime warranty, cant go wrong, 8" is good, I went 9" cus I wanted less resistance creating more hp, when I get the turbo on, I will go 8", get a little more track back on the snow.
Having them on the inside helps sidehilling, cuts easier.
Seat muffler set up is good, seat is a little uncomfortable in the front when you come down a hill you get more forward on the seat, and the seat has a hard rounded edge that hits your groin area, muffler is doing great, sounds great, don't notice any hp changes with it.
If you do a hood, go diamond S, they advertise on the net at diamondsmfg.com.

THX appreciate the encouragement !!

ski-bum said:
Wow 'bowtie, you are really doing your homework on this project! Can't wait to see your sled next year!
>>>>
Yeah I've done a HUGE amount of reading and searching on this sled and the thought of building a Vector RS with a 156x16 with the Fundy power package bringing the H.p. up to 150 . I did however snow check the Apex mnt. SE and put some money down so I don't expect I'll go the other route.
I'd like to have the RS for my wife since the Phazer mnt lite is going to be a first year sled and not really have the potential to go where we go unless turbo'd, which I won't do until she is a capable rider. I think she needs alot more experience, me too for that matter....LOL. We have three kids 8, 6 and 3 so I couldn't imagine raising them on my own because of a sledding accident......NOT COOL ! I'm doing as much research as possible for every aspect of the sled. Price will be around 13500.00 total when I'm done and for that much cash I don't want to be second guessing which option is right for me. I plan to ride it 2 years then boost it with a supercharger........ unless I can get a turbo set up that will be extremely dependable.
" apexnubehind" , How much track do you actually loose running the 9" wheels compared to the stock wheels ?

so far this is what I'm considering

The first list are must have items !
>>>
custom weights, drop a tooth top gear and Shockwave helix 420.00
reverse 595.00
heavy rear spring 245.00
graphite slides 40.00
Holz scratchers 65.00
>>> "freebies"
:accesory cash bought these items :
cover for the sled
skid plate
hand guards
installation
total: 400.00 accessory money
>>>> "now for some current possible options"
$450.00 allocated for a pipe (haven't decided , probly an Excells lite pipe)
$400.00 #2 Red anodized 8" rear wheels and freedom axle
$200.00 red anodized upper idlers
$150.00 Outlaw Motorsports Ram air
$35.00 Ulmer plugs
Total "installed" price for everything listed and the 07' Apex mnt. SE $13,500.00 out the door.
weight dropped, the tool box, all wheels except what's listed, rear rack, porting the track, and the lite pipe, (which should loose about 19 lbs). I figure it will be 30 lbs lighter and look sexy as hell . I'll take the time to polish the tunnel of course....LOL. I've also considered a few other items in place of some of these but this is what I'm at so far......... work in progress I suppose.
:drink:

apexnfever said:
Keep us posted with pics, ya done good boy.
beer.
>>>>
THX, BOYee...........LOL. If I can swing the supercharger for another thousand then I'll drop everything and just run stock supercharged but I think I'd rather run it for a few years taking advantage of the warranty some and getting experience on this particular sled.

Someone recently posted a picture of a APEX hanging from a scale and it had the weight shown. I can't find it now. Was it on here or somewhere on Snowest???

Back