• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Air Fox Shock Adjustment

Racy2

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder SRX LE
Can anyone educate me on how to lower the pressure on a 2022 SRX rear Fox shock. I am only 140 Lbs and the suspension is to stiff. There is no sit in when I get on the sled. The manual says it is set at 160 psi for a 170 lb. person on soft setting. The rear spring is on the softest setting.

It doesn’t have air pressure. You need to adjust the torsion spring which at 140lbs you’re on light side for but you def want it on spot 1/softest for torsion spring . Then go into gauge and set your iqs settings at a custom med front soft rear and try that and then the full soft settings and see which you prefer

It doesn’t have air pressure. You need to adjust the torsion spring which at 140lbs you’re on light side for but you def want it on spot 1/softest for torsion spring . Then go into gauge and set your iqs settings at a custom med front soft rear and try that and then the full soft settings and see which you prefer
According to the manual it has air shocks. It has no coil spring on the shock. Contacted the dealer but never adjusted one before.

It does not have float style air shocks. There is nitrogen in the shock but that's different.

You should have a part in the suspension that looks like this:

04418.jpg

Make sure that it is set on the thinnest side. That is soft.

If that's not enough Barn of Parts has some remedy's

According to the manual it has air shocks. It has no coil spring on the shock. Contacted the dealer but never adjusted one before.

There SRX has torsion springs and blocks on it that can be adjusted for weight. You stated they were set on #1. Can't go any lower than that. Make sure all the dampening setting are set on low or #1. Beyond that you'll need lighter torsion springs.

IMG_0714.JPG

Red arrow is the adjuster......yellow arrow is the other end of the spring, which is coiled up behind that big idler wheel

There SRX has torsion springs and blocks on it that can be adjusted for weight. You stated they were set on #1. Can't go any lower than that. Make sure all the dampening setting are set on low or #1. Beyond that you'll need lighter torsion springs.
All settings are as soft as they will allow. I think I found a softer torsion spring. Will know on Thursday.
Thanks for all the replys.

Softest is 16.5. That will be softer. Hygear has a selection of diff springs if you contact them.

I took my sled into a suspension company and thought my torsion springs were to stiff. Was I ever wrong. Upon inspection at Accelerated Technologies, John the owner had me sit on the sled and bump my butt down a few times. Right away he said that your shock rebound was way to slow on the rear shock and it would actually bottom out after 4 or 5 bumps. He rebuilt the shock and that made all the difference in the world. The rebound is now working the way it is suppose to. Totally different sled. Wondering if the shock ever worked the way it was meant to from the beginning?

I took my sled into a suspension company and thought my torsion springs were to stiff. Was I ever wrong. Upon inspection at Accelerated Technologies, John the owner had me sit on the sled and bump my butt down a few times. Right away he said that your shock rebound was way to slow on the rear shock and it would actually bottom out after 4 or 5 bumps. He rebuilt the shock and that made all the difference in the world. The rebound is now working the way it is suppose to. Totally different sled. Wondering if the shock ever worked the way it was meant to from the beginning?
I've watched his videos and i am very impressed with his knowledge and willingness to share it, I will be sending mine there for next year's riding season, he told me the same thing that the rebound on that rear shock is way too slow

I've watched his videos and i am very impressed with his knowledge and willingness to share it, I will be sending mine there for next year's riding season, he told me the same thing that the rebound on that rear shock is way too slow
Cannondale do you agree with this ?

Back