• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Axle Removal

jaydaniels

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX
Wondering how to remove the rear axle and 2 inner wheels on my skid. Do I need to split the 2 rails apart to remove this? I have a 2017 with the 129” skid.

Loosening the coupling blocks makes axle removal much easier.
I've done it without loosening anything. More difficult and scratch the rail powder coat. Dang it!

Skid out, loosen coupling blocks, axle & hub will come out easy.

Coupling Block 52 ftlbs
TriHub 25 INCH lbs (not 50inchlbs per manual)
Axle 35 ftlbs
Torque Link to Tunnel 40 ftlbs

Enjoy the ride. Happy New Year!

Loosening the coupling blocks makes axle removal much easier.
I've done it without loosening anything. More difficult and scratch the rail powder coat. Dang it!

Skid out, loosen coupling blocks, axle & hub will come out easy.

Coupling Block 52 ftlbs
TriHub 25 INCH lbs (not 50inchlbs per manual)
Axle 35 ftlbs
Torque Link to Tunnel 40 ftlbs

Enjoy the ride. Happy New Year!
Thanks. So you must need to pry the rails apart some so the axle come out of the adjusters?

Thanks. So you must need to pry the rails apart some so the axle come out of the adjusters?
Yeah, I've loosen the bolts on shaft forward of blocks. You should be able to loosen each side approximately a 1/2" to give you some additional room

Yes. If you loosen the rear the bolt on the rail that is connected to the rear suspension sissor a 1/2" on one side that will help a lot with easy of spreading rails to get the axle ends out of slot. . Do not remove the bolt all the way as it has spring pressure. You will have to unhook the springs to get it back in if taken out.

Last edited:
Yes. The 129 has no coupler blocks so no need to do that. 137 and other have them. If you loosen the rear the bolt on the rail that is connected to the rear suspension sissor a 1/2" on one side that will help a lot with easy of spreading rails to get the axle ends out of slot. . Do not remove the bolt all the way as it has spring pressure. You will have to unhook the springs to get it back in if taken out.
No coupler blocks on a 129?

Good advice on the rest though.

Back