• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear axle work

Lagman

i was going over the sled yesterday and was surprised by a blown bogie in my rear axle of the 03 RX1. Called Trav at Barn of Parts to order a new one and the 4th wheel kit.
So I need some help. If I loosen the track up can I pull this job off without pulling the track? Who’s got some hints? Any “tricks”?
Also, while I’m waiting for the parts, I have a Yami skid plate to put on. I have the rivets out, got the longer riv-nuts and 10mm bit.
Thanks for help

You should be able to R&R with out dropping the rear suspension. You for sure wont have to remove the track from the sled, worst case you remove the rear suspension which on the 03 rx1 proaction is 6 bolts in the tunnel. The skid plate is a easy process I have done two of them. Have fun! Once you start tinkering on them it hard to stop.

Cool, is was hoping tow do the least wrenching as possible. Faster and easier is better with the honey-do list growing.

just did this for someone on the ty ride on friday without removing the track in the snow bank. i think it took us 30-40 min to do even with having to pull the axle as i accedentaly flipped one of the adjuster bolts the wrong way and had to take it all apart again.

Back