• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Axle

equillibrium88

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
Just wondering if anybody has some decent tips on re-installing the rear axle. I had the skid out (first time job for me) to replace bushings and send my shocks out for rebuild. The skid was a bit of a pain to get back into the tunnel but did so easily with the rear axle and wheels removed. Now I can't get the bugger back in.

A second set of hands helps me a lot. Make sure you pust all the slack of the track to the back to allow room for the wheels.

Also make sure that you figure out what way the track tension adjusters go before pushing the axle through. They are at an angle and if you have it turned the wrong way the track will be in the way when you go to tighten the track.

Other then that I don't have any tricks, maybe compressing the skid would help with getting more room to line everything up.

Also, loosen the two bolts that hold the rear scissor arm to the rails just a little so you can flex the rails out. Makes it easier to get the wheels,spacers and washers in between the rails easier. Just don't forget to tighten them back up. ;)!

Back