• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear fox air shock?

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
Okay ever since I bought this sled '15 sr stxdx, the rear air shock doesn't work for me. Why has this sled only, has the air shock and the other models have springs and a shock? This thing is totally out there as it's either to low or to stiff, so put together the hard seat and the stiff suspension and I have a jumpy sled and a sore back! The most I have run the psi at is 150 lbs. and today as I am trying to pump up the pressure from 100. the gage goes up and down as I'm stroking to get more psi. now has the shock gone south and are these rebuild able?

Ya I tried to use the pump after I brought it into the house, worked then pumped up the shock. But I need to know why does this sled not have springs, just that bloody shock?

Ya I tried to use the pump after I brought it into the house, worked then pumped up the shock. But I need to know why does this sled not have springs, just that bloody shock?
Lighter wieght. Many like the air shock. You can use a coil over shock instead.

Okay ever since I bought this sled '15 sr stxdx, the rear air shock doesn't work for me. Why has this sled only, has the air shock and the other models have springs and a shock? This thing is totally out there as it's either to low or to stiff, so put together the hard seat and the stiff suspension and I have a jumpy sled and a sore back! The most I have run the psi at is 150 lbs. and today as I am trying to pump up the pressure from 100. the gage goes up and down as I'm stroking to get more psi. now has the shock gone south and are these rebuild able?
Are you unloading the shock as you try to put air in it?

The fox floats aea air spring shocks and are junk in my opinion. All the xtx sleds have them and they are not tunable for hard trail riding. They were meant for deeper snow crossover use. I tried everything and finally went to hygear for the axis package on all 3 corners.

Mine is a different sled, an XTX, but I replaced the stock rear shocks with Fox QS3's, and it made all the difference in the world. You can improve the Float 3's by adding Hygear's dual pressure kit; it would be a lot cheaper than new shocks, and does make a noticeable improvement.

Yes the rear of the sled is off the ground but what I find is that if the air pressure is below 135# the suspension only has a bit of travel and when it's above this it's very bucky and kicks back so I have a very hard to control sled on bumpy trails, so to say this is very unnerving to drive. My '99 pro action floats over the same trails we drive on meaning the suspension is doing it's job under me and the sleds body has limited movement!

Maybe the shock itself is bad. With shock out of sled. If you take the schrader valve out you can check the stroke of it. It won’t fully extend but when compressed it should be smooth and should extend smoothly after.

What's your riding weight? I'm at 200# dressed and carry about 10-15# on my tunnel. I'm only running 110psi in the air shock. These sleds also came with a weak 110# center spring which makes you put more air than required in the rear shock to get the appropriate ride height. My center spring is cranked up quite a bit to lighten the load on the skis and that allowed me to reduce the rear air pressure, not an ideal situation (needs a 135 or 160 center spring) but it defiantly got rid of most the "buck" on my XTX (15' only STX 141 has XTX skid) . Mine has the float 2 so I tossed on a screw on air chamber I had sitting around and that helped soften the "bottom out resistance" a noticeable amount.

Ya it's amazing to me though I bought my first new sled in 34 years and bought a yammi cause I own 2 older ones, now when I spend $15,000. on a toy and am not happy with the ride 'cause some engineer #*$&@ his pants and could build a suspension under this tunnel, that truly sucks. So now do I go and spend another 1000. or more on upgrades or buy a machine that won't hurt my back. See what I'm talking about....

what is the part number for a QS3 shock and fox zero pro coil over shocks for rear skid
2014 sr viper xtx 141

Back