• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Heat Exchanger Question

megasunomi

Extreme
Does the rear heat exchanger really cool that well to make it worth the investment? Anyone have one on now and saw a difference? Thanks in advance.

My 04 Warrior ran Hot .
Hot enuff to melt my boots !!!!!!!!!!
Idiot lite never came on though.
Was out on a Demo Ride in Spring of 04 on the 05's.
The regional service rep was there.
He checked out my Warrior and authorized a rear exchanger for it.
Yamaha supplied the Exchanger, Dealer covered the install and I paid for the exchanger protectors I needed due to my studs. Seemed fair to me.
It made quite a difference.
Sled runs much cooler now.

Dave

BTW, did you solve your handwarmer problem? If so, was it a short like I told you I had on my Warrior?

are you guys installing these exchangers in place of the cross over tubes? i have an 03 rx1 one that is warriorized and wondering if the spare rear heat exchanger out of an sx 700 that i have just lying around would fit all the way to the rear and cool alot better? but, how do i cover the hoses so they are not noticable?

It goes in place of the tube, but it does extend back under the tunnel extension. The surface of the exchanger is even with the tunnel protectors. If you're using an aftermarket tunnel extension, some modification to the OEM rear heat exchanger is desirable. Might be preferable to get an aftermarket heat exchanger though. I doubt that the one from the sx would fit without severe modification.

Does a 03 RX1 rear exchanger work on a 04 Warrior then? Are they all the same? Ihave noticed the aftermarket ones are not as big as a oem Yamaha exchanger....saw them both on Ebay. One appears to hold more fluid???

What about this one:

cooler_for_mtn_tunnel-800.jpg

Where might one find the best rear heat exchanger for an 2005 rx-1 er? online?

wanna do the best to keep it cool

will do the 50/50 yamaha antifreeze and water plus water wetter too

rear heat exchanger

I installed a rear heat exchanger on an 05 rage because I used to get a 50 lb ice block on the rear deck when I rode in cold wheather. I never had an over heating issue. After I installed the heat exchanger, the issue went away.

06 apex now i have installed the rear cooler,and had some test time this weekend,it ran sweet,we even had a 5 miles of plowed road i ran down and it never got hot,or even smelled hot,i think it is the ticket for my overheating problems i had last year.

i have a temp. guage on my '04 warrior and it overheats all the time unless i'm in powder of some sort. how do we find a rear heat exchanger for this sled? is it straight from yamaha?

Back